Inicio > Mis eListas > debunker > Mensajes

Trabalenguas sobre vilogo
Esto si es Interes illu min
prueba illu min
nueva direccion Raul Ant
Re: Martha Rosenth Fernando
Re: P R Ó X I M A Fernando
Re: I M A G E N, Fernando
Re: SPAM protesta "Javier
aviso de virus Mamiblu
FRIENSHIP EN EL SU Guillerm
RE: aviso de virus Juan Ant
aviso de virus LÚSAR
Instrucciones para LÚSAR
Instrucciones para illu min
Fw: Re: enseXar at LÚSAR
 << 15 ant. | 15 sig. >>

Debunker

Asunto:[debunker] Esto si es Interesante..Magufos
Fecha:Viernes, 23 de Noviembre, 2001  20:49:44 (-0500)
Autor:illu minati <illu03 @.......com>

large NPA logo

Natural Philosophy Alliance (NPA) Home Page

Upcoming Meetings | Invitation to Join NPA | Notable Members | Ideas the NPA Stands For | From the President
Newsletters | Meeting Reports | Member Pages | Related Pages | Media | News Groups

THE NATURAL PHILOSOPHY ALLIANCE: ITS NATURE AND PURPOSE

The Natural Philosophy Alliance (NPA) is devoted mainly to broad-ranging, fully open-minded criticism, at the most fundamental levels , of the often irrational and unrealistic doctrines of modern physics and cosmology; and to the ultimate replacement of these doctrines by much sounder ideas developed with full respect for evidence, logic, and objectivity. Such reforms have long been urgently needed; and yet there is no area of scholarship more stubbornly censorial, and more reluctant to reform itself.

Reigning paradigms in physics and cosmology have for many decades been protected from open challenge by extreme intolerance, excluding debate about the most crucial problems from major journals and meetings. But the founding of the NPA in 1994 provided those struggling against this irrationality and intolerance with the strength, visibility, and credibility that comes from numbers and from collaborative, purposeful effort. It has also enabled them to share, expand, and refine their individual knowledge through contact with many other critical scholars, at NPA general meetings--held at least once per year since 1994--and by phone and mail, both postal and electronic.

We call the NPA an "alliance" because our members hold a wide variety of different views, yet have joined forces in a common effort. We agree unanimously on little more than that something is drastically wrong in contemporary physics and cosmology, and that a new spirit of open-mindedness is desperately needed in order to correct this situation.

Yet we do specialize on certain topics, and broadly share certain evaluations. The great majority of us are intensely critical of special relativity, general relativity, big bang theory, and Copenhagen quantum physics. Revision and/or replacement of Maxwell-Lorentz electrodynamics is a common theme. Most of us accept some type of an electromagnetic aether. Common to nearly all our critiques, and to the alternative concepts and theories many of us offer, is a very strong emphasis on objectivity and rationality --both accorded very little respect in today's physics--as essential to proper scientific endeavor.

"Natural Philosophy" is the name by which "physics" was known in the time of Isaac Newton, and well into the 19th century. We return to it mainly in order to emphasize that the more profound and circumspect approach to nature during those years is needed once again. We seek renewed respect for philosophy, especially for logic; and also for the everyday application of reason and of respect for evidence known as common sense -- which should be considered a foundation for, rather than a contrast to, genuine science.

Modern physics regularly disdains both logic and common sense, and prefers interpretations of evidence favoring the bizarre and irrational. The resulting theories reflect the real world much less than they do the special biases of the interpreters--as suggested by the critical movement of constructivism, based largely on the thought of Thomas Kuhn. Other and more logical interpretations of all the same evidence and applications (even of nuclear energy) alleged to confirm special relativity, etc., are quite possible.

Our foremost watchword is tolerance . Physics has sunk into its current mess largely because of lack of it, while some other sciences, such as the earth sciences, have made remarkable progress since 1950 by practicing it. Beyond science, we also strongly oppose political, religious, racial, and ethnic bias: for example, our criticisms of special and general relativity do not involve any kind of criticism of Einstein as a person, or of his political and ethical views--or even, in most cases, of his other valuable scientific work.

Several NPA members believe that the main benefit of criticizing and replacing special relativity may be--beyond even the likely development of new energy sources this will facilitate--the undermining of the relativism and subjectivism that have increasingly infused many areas of thought over the past century, since the iconoclastic amorality of Nietzsche. It will then become more difficult to support ethical relativism, and to argue that truth and values are not objective, absolute, eternal, and/or rationally based.

To learn more about the Natural Philosophy Alliance--its meetings and publications, how to join, etc.--look further into this web site.  You can also write to our Director, Dr. John E. Chappell, Jr., at P.O. Box 14014, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406, USA. Please include your phone, fax, and email numbers if you have them. Dr. Chappell can be reached by phone at (805) 783-1177 (most easily in the morning, especially before 10 a.m., and in the late evening, especially after 10 p.m.).

[For the time being, email messages are discouraged; but if an email message must be sent, then send it via Senior Advisor Alan Pendleton, whose email address (in California) is < apend@... > Please do not use this routing unless truly necessary, such as in the case of a highly time-sensitive communication from overseas; for by using it, you only impose on someone else the expense and work of communicating with Dr. Chappell by phone or regular mail.]

Upcoming Meetings | Invitation to Join NPA | Notable Members | Ideas the NPA Stands For | From the President
Newsletters | Meeting Reports | Member Pages | Related Pages | Media | News Groups

You are the visitor at this site since 6/29/97.

Revised February 20, 2001
Webmaster: Andrew D/ing