Inicio > Mis eListas > debunker > Mensajes

¿ES EL IMPOTENTE E LUSARSOF
caso Barbate Angel Ca
Re: ¿Que quién me José Mª
WHAT IS A SKEPTIC? illu min
Despidiendose de K illu min
Re: caso Barbate ( El Ciber
Illuminati no es p El Ciber
¿Que quién me dijo El Ciber
Illuminati no es p illu min
Re: ¿Que quién me illu min
Re: Illuminati no José Mª
Re: ¿Que quién me LUSARSOF
Re: ¿Que quién me LUSARSOF
RE: ¿ES EL IMPOTEN Roberto
Re: ¡Quien_es_el_f Mamiblu
 << 15 ant. | 15 sig. >>

Debunker

Asunto:[debunker] WHAT IS A SKEPTIC?
Fecha:Miercoles, 16 de Mayo, 2001  07:02:39 (-0400)
Autor:illu minati <illu03 @.......com>

LUSAR]

¿Cuál es tu concepto de "escéptico"? Porque yo me concidero escéptico porque
"dudo" de las cosas. Incluyendo algunas teorías o hipótesis científicas no
demostradas.

dice illu :
WHAT IS A SKEPTIC?
What does it mean to be a skeptic? Some people believe that
skepticism is rejection of new ideas, or worse, they confuse
"skeptic" with "cynic" and think that skeptics are a bunch of
grumpy curmudgeons unwilling to accept any claim that
challenges the status quo. This is wrong. Skepticism is
a provisional approach to claims. It is the application
of reason to any and all ideas -no sacred cows allowed.
In other words, skepticism is a method, not a position.
Ideally, skeptics do not go into an investigation closed
to the possibility that a phenomenon might be real or that
a claim might be true. When we say we are "skeptical",
we mean that we must see compelling evidence before we
believe. Skeptics are from Missouri-the "show me" state.
When we hear a fantastic claim we say, that’s nice,
prove it.
Skepticism has a long historical tradition dating back
to ancient Greece when Socrates observed: All I know is
that I know nothing. But this pure position is sterile
and unproductive and held by virtually no one. If you are
skeptical about everything, you would have to be skeptical
of your own skepticism. Like the decaying subatomic particle,
pure skepticism uncoils and spins off the viewing screen
of our intellectual cloud chamber.
Modern skepticism is embodied in the scientific method,
that involves gathering data to formulate and test naturalistic
explanations for natural phenomena. A claim becomes factual
when it is confirmed to such an extent it would be reasonable
to offer temporary agreement. But all facts in science are
provisional and subject to challenge, and therefore skepticism
is a method leading to provisional conclusions. Some claims,
such as water dowsing, ESP, and creationism, have been tested
(and failed the tests) often enough that we can provisionally
conclude that they are not valid. Other claims, such as hypnosis,
the origins of language, and black holes, have been tested but
results are inconclusive so we must continue formulating and
testing hypotheses and theories until we can reach a provisional
conclusion.
The key to skepticism is to continuously and vigorously
apply the methods of science to navigate the treacherous straits
between "know nothing" skepticism and 'anything goes" credulity.
Over three centuries ago the French philosopher and skeptic,
René Descartes, after one of the most thorough skeptical purges
in intellectual history, concluded that he knew one thing for
certain: Cogito ergo sum I think therefore I am. But evolution
may have designed us in the other direction. Humans evolved to
be pattern-seeking, cause-inferring animals, shaped by nature to
find meaningful relationships in the world. Those who were best
at doing this left behind the most offspring. We are their
descendents. In other words, to be human is to think. To
paraphrase Descartes:

Sum Ergo Cogito I Am Therefore I Think.

Tomado del Skeptic Magazine vol 6 no2 1998 page 5.

Como ves, este si lo acredite para que algunos que se
creen escepticos, vean cuan lejos estan de serlo.

saludos
illu

Crea y administra tus propias listas de correo gratuitas, en español.