Inicio > Mis eListas > notisar > Mensajes

GUATEMALA: FALLECE rescate
AVISO DE SEGURIDAD Rescate
VENEZUELA: FOTO DE rescate
COLOMBIA: AERONAVE rescate
VENEZUELA: SE ESTR rescate
VENEZUELA: DETRESF rescate
ECUADOR: CAE UNA A rescate
Dejan Miskovic, re Rescate
Sin esperanzas por Rescate
COLOMBIA: ATERRIZA rescate
ECUADOR: REPORTAN rescate
Hallan avión de ca Rescate
Hallan muertos a t Rescate
Ecuador: Avión ven Rescate
ECUADOR: HALLAN MU rescate
Encuentran avión v Rescate
Cuerpos de la trip Rescate
MÉXICO: DESAPARECE rescate
Difícil y penoso r Rescate
MEXICO: HALLAN A P rescate
Comisión de Venezu Rescate
Helicoptero del SA Rescate
MÉXICO: OCHO PERSO rescate
Roban avioneta en Rescate
HONDURAS: NADIE QU rescate
HONDURAS: AVIÓN ES rescate
CONGO: ENCUENTRAN rescate
ESTADOS UNIDOS: CA rescate
40 minutos tras un Rescate
ESTADOS UNIDOS: SE rescate
 << 30 ant. | 30 sig. >>

NOTISAR (www.rescate.com)

Asunto:[notisar] AVISO DE SEGURIDAD: Inspeccion y posible devolucion por defectos de ciertos Empotradores Mecanicos (Cams) de la Marca Omega Pacific.
Fecha:Lunes, 25 de Agosto, 2008  09:23:38 (-0400)
Autor:Rescate Humboldt \(www.Rescate.com\) <rescatehumboldt @.....com>

ORGANIZACIÓN RESCATE HUMBOLDT / SAR / VENEZUELA
www.rescate.com e-mail: notisar-owner@yahoogroups.com

NOTISAR - NOTICIAS SOBRE RESCATES
Subscríbase por email:
notisar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TITULARES: 080825:  AVISO DE SEGURIDAD: Inspeccion y posible devolucion por defectos de ciertos Empotradores Mecanicos (Cams) de la Marca Omega Pacific.

El fabricante de productos y equipos de escalada de USA, Omega Pacific recientemente emitio una Alerta de Seguridad, llamando a efectuar una inspeccion minuciosa a ciertos Empotradores Mecanicos (Link Cams), por defectos de fabricacion, al haber pasado de un proceso a otro en la fabricacion sin haber completado ciertos pasos, este defecto es extremadamente raro y no se considera generalizado en los lotes de fabricacion, pero el fabricante prefiere emitir esta Alerta, para garantizar la integridad estructural de los empotradors mecanicos que son utilizados tanto para la practica deportiva, como podrian ser usados en el rescate y los trabajos industriales en altura.

Se ha determinado que estos  empotradores podrian desarmarse por mala fabricacion y por lo tanto poner en peligro mortal a sus usuarios.

A continuación transcribimos el mensaje emitido por el fabricante y la Alerta de Seguridad correspondiente; todos los propietarios, posibles usuarios y revendedores de estos productos deberán contactar a la fabrica en la dirección web abajo indicada.

Att

p/ Coordinación de Operaciones
Organización Rescate Humboldt (ORH-SAR)
Caracas - Venezuela

Link Cam Inspection Notice & Update: Axle Nut
June 11, 2008

Omega Pacific is requesting that Link Cam owners inspect their Link Cams for a potential defect recently discovered.

As of this posting, the incidents are extremely rare and are not considered widespread, but we feel that it is in the best interest of climbers’ safety to inform the climbing community of the potential for this problem. Should any Link Cam owner wish for us to perform the inspection, we will be happy to do so. Please contact us for information how to prepare the return.

In May 2008, we became aware of situations in which axle nuts were not properly and permanently fixed on the axle assemblies permitting the cams to potentially become disassembled. Upon receiving the units, our Quality Assurance department launched an exhaustive investigation to determine the cause and establish correction of the issue.

Our QA inspectors have determined that the returned units were allowed to progress from one assembly station to the next without this important step having been completed.

It was determined, based on identification by lot numbers, that the cams returned were manufactured prior to the implementation of upgraded quality assurance procedures and employee training sessions which were instituted in May 2007. At that point, new work instructions were written, additional quality inspection steps were introduced and employees were either reassigned or retrained to reduce the likelihood of such lapses in quality from occurring.

Upon receiving the units subject to this Inspection Notice, our QA department met with department supervisors and upper level management to review those steps, ensure that they were being followed and met with all employees to reinforce the importance of maintaining quality control. Although we were not aware of this specific issue at the time, we are confident that the upgrades we instituted last spring closed the opportunity for it to occur any longer. Thanks to the new procedures and retraining, no units built since that time are believed to exhibit this characteristic.

We have no reason to suspect that this is a widespread or repeated problem, but we’re issuing an inspection notice to the climbing community so that climbers may inspect their Link Cams to ensure that their cams meet proper specifications. Of course, we will be happy to inspect cams for anyone should they wish to send them to us for analysis. However, a very simple visual examination as described below is adequate to determine whether this problem exists with any Link Cam. The inspection should be made on either #1 or #2 Link Cams, regardless of lot number or date of manufacture. We request that anyone with cams that fail the exam immediately contact us. Should we become aware that this is a larger problem, we will respond accordingly.

It should be noted that no accident occurred nor any injuries suffered as a result of this incident.

To determine if your Link Cam should be sent back for repair or replacement:

1) Identify the side of the cam with the nut.

This photo shows the opposite side of the cam. This is the side of the axle with the nut.

2) Identify whether the axle is “peened” or “mushroomed” over the round nut.

Correct: The axle-end is smooth and flatter. Incorrect: The axle-end is sharp and has concavity.

Correct: no threading from the axle should be seen. Incorrect: some threads may be visible beyond the nut.

3) Apply some counter-clockwise force to the nut and attempt to remove it from the axle. I t should not
rotate. Some very minor movement may be within specification, but you should NOT be able to rotate the
nut more than a few degrees.

Two cams compared side-by-side

I f your cams fail this examination - or if you are in doubt of the results for any reason - we request that you contact us at 1-800-360-3990 to arrange for the return of your cam(s). We will repair or replace them as necessary.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us for any additional information.

Michael Lane
Sales & Marketing Director
info@omegapac.com
+1 800.360.3990 toll-free
+1 509.456.0170 international

http://www.climbing.com/news/press/link_cam_inspection_notice_update_axle_nut/

*Toda la Informacion mostrada en este email se considera EXTRAOFICIAL, PRELIMINAR y sujeta a cambios a medida que informacion mas actualizada sea obtenida*
ORGANIZACION RESCATE HUMBOLDT (ORH-SAR) (ONG/NGO)
CARACAS - VENEZUELA - SUR AMERICA
Telefax: +58-0212-237.55.72
Emergencias: +58-0412-706.40.86 y 0416-709.02.39
Efax: +1-425-963.38.19
http://WWW.RESCATE.COM  /  http://WWW.HUMBOLDT.COM.VE
Email:
RescateHumboldt@gmail.com
Inscripcion gratuita en los Foros Tecnicos relacionados con NOTISAR, enviar email a:
Seguridad Aerea: seguridad-aerea-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Seguridad Acuatica: seguridad-acuatica-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Busqueda y Rescate (SAR): rescate-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
AVSEC: avsec-subscribe@yahoogroups.com