Asunto:PAN- The Day of the Dead Celebration / November 1st
Fecha:Miercoles, 31 de Octubre, 2001  21:57:51 (-0700)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo-Anahuak Networks <anahuak @.............mx>

----------
From: Ricardo Ocampo-Anahuak Networks <anahuak@...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:57:03 -0700
To: LuxWeb <LuxWeb@...>
Cc: LuxWebII <LuxWebII@...>bIII xWebIII <luxwebIII@...>
Subject: The Day of the Dead Celebration / November 1st

THE DAY OF THE DEAD
<http://www.acabtu.com.mx/diademuertos/hollowsday/index.html>;
<http://www.azcentral.com/rep/dead/>;

| Versión Español | Prehispanic origin | Religion |
| The altar for the deceased | At the cemetery |
| The Skunny | Tales or legends |

Remembering to the deads with love,
making them an offering or taking flowers to their tomb.
Lighting the candles to the 8:00 night.
because it is the hour of the Souls.
When you visit the offerings from your friends don't forget the traditional
greeting:
Hi pumpkin!

All hallows day, is a mysterious devotion where there is a mix
of religious and heathen, the dread and scoff.
It is a custom to do songs to the death, or to ridicule she in cartoons
and to eat her in bread.

* * * * * * * * * *

TRADITIONS OF THE DEAD'S DAY
<http://www.intelnet.com.mx/queretaro/muertos/>;

The dead's day or holiday of the staunch deceased is known also as holiday
of "All Saints" or as day of the  holly souls, the tradition says that these
arrive from the night of the day 31 of October, first November day the
souls of the angel children or " Innocent Saints" that arrive to visit their
families, day 2 is given her name of "Day of the Staunch Deceased", adult
that they have license of visiting to their families that they have been
remained in the land, same that entertain them putting them objects and food
in their pleasure on the life, as well as his portrait and images of his
devotion.

The celebration of the Dead's Day remained established in our country as a
visit and homage date to the beings wanted already expired. They are two
days per year in which are adorned the tombs, are arranged the places of
burial and is regaled the return of the spirits to the place of the live.
For this, it is usage in Mexico to adorn in each house a site that
represents an altar with funereal offertories, some of ritual character.

An ancient usage that is carried out in these dates consist of the skulls
elaboration, but not those of sweet, but the written. It is considered
satirical personage verses popular, that are directed mutually familiar or
companions of work. Also it is usage that the children leave to the street
with boxes shortened as masks and illuminated with a candle to request his
"Calaverita", a candy, a gift or money.

 Generalities of the celebration

 Celebration of Died in Mexico before the arrival of the Spanish
             (Pre-Hispanic Mexico)
 Celebration of Died in Mexico after the conquest
             (Colonial Mexico)
 Celebration of Died in the actual Mexico
             (Elementos Caracterìsticos)
Celebration of Died in United States of North America
             (Halloween)
 Freight forms that we adopt for our National festivity
 Celebration of Died in the State of Queretaro
 Celebration of Died in the City of Santiago of Queretaro
Description of the Altars of Dead

* * * * * * * * * *

RELATED WEBSITES

Directory Searched the web for DAY DEAD MEXICO.
www.google.com

MEXICO'S DAYS OF THE DEAD - DIAS DE LOS MUERTOS - November ...
... Día de los Muertos Mexico honors those gone but not forgotten ... Pan de
los Muertos
Recipe for "Day of the Dead Bread."; Ofrendas - A Significant Part of ...
www.mexconnect.com/mex_/feature/daydeadindex.html - 15k - Cached - Similar
pages

Mexican Tradition - Day of the Dead, All Saints Day
... In Mexico the Day of the Dead is a holiday that tends to be a subject of
fascination
for visitors from abroad. With its rare mix of pre-Hispanic and Roman ...
significance, and the religious overtones...
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.mexconnect.com/mex_/muertos.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.mexconnect.com ]

www.dayofthedead.com
This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.
the holiday.
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.dayofthedead.com/ - 1k - Cached - Similar pages

Mexico OnLine - Day Of The Dead - El Dia De Los Muertos ...
... Every year, on November 1st (All Saints Day) and 2nd (All Souls Day),
something unique
takes place in many areas of Mexico: Day of the Dead festivities. While ...
dead relatives with their families....
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.mexonline.com/daydead.htm - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Oaxaca Tours - Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - Oaxaca, Mexico
Photos by: Ann Murdy. "The Cabrera Family and Las Bugambilias
invite you to participate ...
festivities of Oaxaca.
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.mexonline.com/muertos.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.mexonline.com ]

Day of the Dead
What do Mexicans celebrate on the "Day of the Dead?". ... the years, but
which was intended
in prehispanic Mexico to celebrate children and the dead. Hence, the ...
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.public.iastate.edu/~rjsalvad/scmfaq/muertos.html - 7k - Cached - Similar
pages

The People's Guide to Mexico: Day of the Dead
... The tremendous popularity of Mexico's 5 de Mayo fiesta in ... to the
"Days of the Dead".
Will the macabre "Los Muertos ... set of links to Day of the Dead websites:
http ...
Dead, and explores the customs related...
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.peoplesguide.com/1pages/chapts/viva/dodead/1dodindex.html - 18k - Cached
- Similar pages

The People's Guide to Mexico: Day of the Dead
... Viva Mexico! The Day of the Dead. by Bobbi Salinas-Norman.
The Day of the Dead is a unique ...
www.peoplesguide.com/1pages/chapts/viva/dodead/bobbi/dodbobi.html - 17k -
Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.peoplesguide.com ]

Common Misconceptions About the Day of the Dead Celebrations
... It is not the Mexican version of Halloween. Mexicans have
celebrated the Day of the Dead since the year 1800 BC. ...
celebrations.
Category: Kids and Teens > People and Society > ... > Day of the Dead
www.inside-mexico.com/noes.htm - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

Skeleton Puppet for the Day of the Dead: Titere del Dia de ...
... Make a Day of the Dead. PANCHO Skeleton Puppet. ...
Dead paper skeleton puppet, just like...
Category: Kids and Teens > Sports and Hobbies > Crafts > Puppets
www.inside-mexico.com/titere.htm - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.inside-mexico.com ]

Day of the Dead - a unique fiesta in Mexico
... altar. Halloween is not a tradition in Mexico, and every year the
Catholic church
fights against the celebration and promotes the Day of the Dead Altars. ...
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.mexweb.com/muertos.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Mything Links' Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in ...
... html From Sara Silver of the Associated Press comes this engrossing 2
November 1995
account of a Day of the Dead celebration in Miahuatlan, Mexico. (Note: the
artwork.
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.mythinglinks.org/DayOfDead.html - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

Mythology's Mythinglinks: Halloween, Samhain, Day of the Dead ...
... This link contains WGBH's research on GHOSTS, including Halloween,
Mexico's Day of
the Dead, and Japan's Bon Festival. In the Halloween material, they attempt
focus is on the ancient Pagan celebration...
Category: Society > Religion and Spirituality > ... > Sabbats > Samhain
www.mythinglinks.org/Samhain.html - 30k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.mythinglinks.org ]

Day of the Dead - 1/03/97
... Books, 1993. Carmichael, Elizabeth and Chole Sayer. The Skeleton at the
Feast' The
Day of the Dead in Mexico. Great Britain: British Museum Press, 1991. Downs
www.nacnet.org/assunta/dead.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Yahoo! Regional > Countries > Mexico > Society and Culture ...
... series of feature articles and photos from Mexico Connect. Day of the
Dead: A
Unique Fiesta in Mexico - provides detailed information on how to make a ...
dir.yahoo.com/Regional/Countries/Mexico/Society_and_Culture/
Holidays_and_Observances/Day_of_the_Dead___Dia_de_los_Muertos/ - 7k - Cached
- Similar pages

mybackyard - Day of the Dead: Celebrating Life - Halloween, ...
... of Dia de los Muertos. Tools to Help You: € See Day of the Dead parade
in Oaxaca,
Mexico. For reservations: Travelscape.com Travelocity.com Places to Stay ...
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.mybackyard.com/current/197p1.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Lonely Planet theme guides - fatal attractions
... Day of the Dead, Mexico. ... destination, ... where, The Day of the Dead
is celebrated
all over Mexico. how, Fly or drive, then try your luck. ...
www.lonelyplanet.com/theme/fatal_attractions/fatal_dead.htm - 13k - Cached -
Similar pages

Mexico's Day of the Dead: Comparing Cultures (Lesson Plan)
... Mexico's Day of the Dead: Comparing Cultures. INTRODUCTION.
By studying the Day of the ...
www.teachervision.com/lesson-plans/lesson-3183.html - 38k - Cached - Similar
pages

Mexico's Day of the Dead: Comparing Cultures (Lesson Plan)
Mexico's Day of the Dead: Comparing Cultures. INTRODUCTION.
By studying the Day of the ...
www.teachervision.com/lesson-plans/lesson-3183.html?for_printing=1 - 12k -
Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.teachervision.com ]

Halloween on the Net - Los Dias De Los Muertos (Days of ...
... a traditional Mexico holiday honoring the dead. It is celebrated every
year at the
same time as Halloween and the Christian holy days of All Saints Day and All
brief look at its origins and contemporary...
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.holidays.net/halloween/muertos.htm - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

`Day of Dead' festivities for families in Mexico
... Day of Dead' festivities for families in Mexico. Gatherings with food
honor memories
of departed ones BY MARLENE PARRISH Los Angeles Times Syndicate. ...
www.ohio.com/all/featdocs/019732.htm - 32k - Cached

Things Latino at EgOWeB-CyberRaza Customs-Day of the Dead
... Tulane http://www.tulane.edu/%7Elatinlib/deaddays.html; In Mexico and
Beyond, Day
of the Dead is a Family Event http://www.latinolink.com/life/life97/1022lmue
edb518ea.edb.utexas.edu/cyberraza/muertos.html - 27k - Cached - Similar
pages

azcentral.com | dia de los muertos - history
... Today, Day of the Dead is celebrated in Mexico and in certain
parts of the United States and Central America. ...
www.azcentral.com/rep/dead/history/ - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

foto8 Mexican Night of the Dead. Mike Nelson. Page 1/3.
Mexico, The Day of The Dead. Photographs by Mike Nelson.
The ancestors of the Tarascan ...
www.foto8.com/issue02/dead1.html - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

Mexico Articles - go2mexico.com - Day of the Dead
... The Day of the Dead in Mexico is a time to remember those who have gone
before us,
thank them for enriching our lives, and contemplate our own mortality, both
www.go2mexico.com/article/dayofdead/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Day of the Dead - The meaning of Dia De Los Muertos
... altars we now find in Mexico today. November 1st, All Saints Day ...
good relationships
with the dead for it is they who ... death. It is a day for honoring are
beloved ...
www.olvera-street.com/dia_de_los_muertos.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

DAY-OF-THE DEAD CELEBRATION IN ZAACHILA, OAXACA, MEXICO
... 56 lines AP 11-03-95 01:53 AMT PM-Mexico-Day of Dead,0483 Mexicans Close
Day-of-Dead
Commemoration with Fireworks, Meditation AP Photo OAX101, OAX102 By SARA ...
burn.ucsd.edu/archives/chiapas-l/1995.11/msg00031.html - 6k - Cached -
Similar pages

What is the day of the dead in Mexico?
What is the day of the dead in Mexico? Almost all cultures ... on
this page. what is day dead mexico.
ar.essortment.com/whatisdaydead_rgmd.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Sin título
... The celebration of the Dead's Day remained established in our country as
a visit
and ... For this, it is usage in Mexico to adorn in each house a site that
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.intelnet.com.mx/queretaro/muertos/default.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar
pages

Celebrate the Mystery of the Day of the Dead with a Mexico ...
... Dias De Los Muertos This personal page provides a great primer into Day
of the Dead
celebration and its varied customs in communities across Mexico. Day of the
activetravel.about.com/library/weekly/aa102801a.htm - 42k - Cached

Dia de los Muertos Links
... Se Dice "Trick or Treat" en Español? Muertos: 2 de Noviembre; Mything
Link's Day
of the Dead in Mexico; Tradition: Día de los Muertos; Day of the Dead
Products; ...
muertos.palomar.edu/muertoslinks.htm - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

Dia de los Muertos
Día de los Muertos - Day of the Dead. [EN ESPAÑOL]. The Day of the Dead is
celebrated
in Mexico on November 2nd. It is a time when Mexican families spend time ...
muertos.palomar.edu/dayofthedead.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from muertos.palomar.edu ]

Day of the Dead Celebration
... tradition: the El Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Celebration. This
annual
celebration of one of Mexico¹s most important holidays involves an afternoon
www.mamfw.org/dead.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

The Day of the Dead in Palomas, Mexico - Southern New ...
... am lucky enough to arrive at the border in Columbus, New Mexico, on
November 1, the
day before the Day of the Dead. I go to a little cafe called La Casita, run
www.zianet.com/snm/daydead.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

Yahooligans! - Around the World:Countries:Mexico:Cultures and ...
... of this Mexican holiday. Oaxaca - learn all about this state in the
south of Mexico
and the Day of the Dead celebrations. What do Mexicans Celebrate on the Day
www.yahooligans.com/Around_the_World/Countries/Mexico/Cultures_and_Tradition
s/ Holidays/Dia_de_los_Muertos__Day_of_the_Dead_/ - 6k - Cached - Similar
pages

Yahooligans! - Around the World:Countries:Mexico:Cultures and ...
... all of Yahooligans! just this category. Sites: Day of the Dead Images 1
- pictures
of traditional Day of the Dead items. Day of the Dead Images 2 - pictures of
www.yahooligans.com/Around_the_World/Countries/Mexico/Cultures_and_Tradition
s/
Holidays/Dia_de_los_Muertos__Day_of_the_Dead_/Dia_de_los_Muertos_Pictures/ -
4k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.yahooligans.com ]

DAY OF THE DEAD
... other peoples have embraced the festival of The Day of the Dead to the
extent that
the Mexicans have. The ... the most important holiday of the year in Mexico.
www.usc.edu/isd/locations/ssh/boeckmann/Dead/ - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

El Día de los Muertos
... Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, and southern Mexico celebrated the return
of spirits
during the Day of the Dead. The Spanish conquest's (1500's) attempts to ...
Library at Boulder Public Library.
Category: Kids and Teens > People and Society > ... > Day of the Dead
bcn.boulder.co.us/library/bpl/child/season/Muertos.html - 6k - Cached -
Similar pages

Open Directory - Society: Holidays: Day of the Dead
... A Unique Fiesta in Mexico - Provides directions for making an altar. Day
of the Dead
in Mexico - Excerpts from Maria Esther Schumacher's book give a history of
dmoz.org/Society/Holidays/Day_of_the_Dead/ - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Google Web Directory - Society > Holidays > Day of the ...
... Day of the Dead in Mexico - http://www.dayofthedead.com/ Excerpts from
Maria Esther Schumacher's book give a history of the holiday. ...
directory.google.com/Top/Society/Holidays/Day_of_the_Dead/ - 15k - Cached -
Similar pages

Untitled
... among his other graphics. In the cities of central and south Mexico the
19th-century
Day of the Dead tradition still continues with the distribution of printed
www.tulane.edu/~latinlib/deaddays.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

Mexico's Day of the Dead
... [MexicoŒs Day of the Dead] ³is a creative example of a harmonious
marriage between
art and technology and a delightful introduction to the folklore and ...
www.pentewa.com/NewFiles/daydead.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Salon Travel | Day of the Dead
... Groff. Oct. 14, 1999 | I'm planning to attend the Day of the Dead
festivities in
Oaxaca, Mexico, early in November, but am wondering whether the recent
flooding ...
www.salon.com/travel/advisor/1999/10/14/advisor/ - 18k - Cached - Similar
pages

A Common Thread - Mexico - Day of the Dead - Photography ...
HOME, ORDER. Latin America. Mexico Day of the Dead. Ofrenda. Dolls of the
Dead. Lighting the Way. Sugar Skulls II. Sugar Skulls I. ...
www.acommonthread.com/page19.html - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

Mexico: the dark side, day of the dead
... Dia de los Muertos Other Days of the Dead Muertos El Dia de los Muertos
Historical
perspective on the Day of the Dead Mexico online Day of the Dead homepage.
www3.sympatico.ca/nancy.kilpatrick/day_of_the_dead.htm - 12k - Cached -
Similar pages

Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) -- WhatsGoingOn.com
... Return to "100 Things" Contents by Location or Month.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Puebla, Mexico. ...
www.whatsgoingon.com/100things.cgi/muertos/ - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)
... of the Dead), a Mexican celebration, is a day to celebrate, remember and
prepare
special foods in honor of those who have departed. On this day in Mexico,
the ...
information.
Category: Society > Holidays > Day of the Dead
www.niu.edu/newsplace/nndia.html - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Folklore
... Day of the Dead from USC; Felip's Day of the Dead Page; Noviembre 2, Dia
de los ... Women
Santeras; Exhibition of Northern New Mexico Santeros; The El Rito Santero;
about folkloric Latin American festivals...
Category: Society > Folklore
latino.sscnet.ucla.edu/research/folklore.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Holidays:History
... did fall festivals like Halloween come from? What is Samhain? What is
the day of
the dead in Mexico? What is the history of Hanukkah? Gift giving tradition;
www.essortment.com/in/Holidays.History/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Mexicanwave.com -- Mexican culture, Day of the Dead, folk art ...
... Day of the Dead Once a year ... on 1st and 2nd November, the dead return
to take their
place ... most famous living artist in Mexico. Review his exhibition held
earlier ...
www.mexicanwave.com/culture/ - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

~IBERAMERICAN WEB OF LIGHT
Free Community New Info Selection Services
15,000 subscribers on-line in 90 countries!

English services

LUXWEB
http://www.egroups.com/community/luxweb   (4 daily messages)
http://www.egroups.com/community/luxwebII   (1 daily message)
http://www.egroups.com/community/luxwebIII   (1 weekly message)
ACTION ALERT
http://www.egroups.com/community/actionalert

~OPERATION PLANET LOVE
http://www.redanahuak.org.mx/opa
Free Planetary Meditation Calendar & Program 2001-2002

Crea y administra tus propias listas de correo gratuitas, en español.