Asunto:PAN- STOP THE IMPUNITY IN BOLIVIA
Fecha:Lunes, 26 de Noviembre, 2001  18:27:58 (-0700)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo-Anahuak Networks <anahuak @.............mx>

----------
From: Alianza Social Continental <asc@...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:56:44 -0600
To: asc-l@...
Subject: CAMPAÑA CONTRA LA IMPUNIDAD EN BOLIVIA

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:06:12 -0400
From: Fundacion Solon <wsolon@...>
To: LIST 02 <wsolon@...>

STOP THE IMPUNITY IN BOLIVIA
Judging and  punishment  for  killers in Pananti and Mercenaries in El
Chapare

The murders carried forward in our country, last November 9th,  in Pananti -
Yacuiba 7 Peasant leaders from the movement without earth "MOVIMIENTO SIN
TIERRA" were killed  by hired gunmen and 20 Peasant were seriously injured.
On November 15th in El Chapare, 3 Peasant coca producers passed away during
the confrontation with the army. 80 affaires about punishments against
Peasant coca producers by members of the Expedition Force, were denounced.
In the case of  Pananti-Yacuiba, even the prevention of the hired gunmen
alert, the authorities did not do anything about it  to avoid the massacre.
It must not be perpetuated the unfair distribution of the earth in Bolivia
allowing the free activity of the assassins at the service of the
Terratenientes.

The Slaughter of Pananti and the dramatic situation in El Chapare,  set
Bolivia on  the similar  Colombian situation. Worse and worse are the
circumstances that Sectors with power are resorting to violence for
frightening Indigenous and Peasant Sectors. The same things are happening in
Monte Verde, Chore, Yapacani and El Chapare.
If Perpetrators are not arrested, judged  and punished for their crimes, the
impunity will light green to those kind of actions in Bolivia.
Until now, any of the deaths, murders and massacres in the last 15 years of
democracy were not  cleared up. Far from it,  there are not guilty trials
behind the jail.

We do not accept that deaths will be just statistics, as a last resort
families of the victims  are paid with 4.000 dollars.

Stop the impunity in Bolivia, We could still  avoid the Death becomes in Law
and the freedom will become the prize for the killers. From  all the country
and the world we ask you to send an e-mail or a fax to the President of
Bolivia expressing your worry and suggesting the fair investigation,
arresting and punishment for  perpetrators for theses pitiful facts.

Send fax to (591-2)  2371388 with copy to (591-2) 2406355
Send email to hestrada@... and  presidencia@...
with copy to funsolon@... and psctierra@...

This is a model of  a letter to be sent:

Mr.
Lic. Jorge Quiroga Ramirez
President of Bolivia

We are really worried about the massacre of 7 Peasant leaders from the
movement without earth "MOVIMIENTO SIN TIERRA" in Pananti - Yacuiba, which
happened last November 9th,  in Pananti - Yacuiba and now, 3 Peasant coca
producers died in El Chapare.
We hope theses pitiful facts will not be left in the impunity, such as the
other 84 dead, which happened during the last 15 years of democracy regimen
in Bolivia.
We are sure that there is not democracy without Justice and  the worst
attempt against the Democracy, it is just leave the perpetrators in the
impunity.

Considering, it is not  allowed to perpetuate  the unfair distribution of
the earth in Bolivia allowing the free activity of mercenaries at the
service of the Terratenientes

We hope your highest investiture will order a deep investigation about the
facts in Pananti and El Chapare, without political  economical or military
pressing

Just in this way bases will be done for a true democracy.

__________________________
Alianza Social Continental
Secretaría Ejecutiva

Correo electrónico:
asc@...

Página web:
www.asc-hsa.org

Tel/fax:
5355 1177
5356 4724
5356 0599

Ciudad de México

Crea y administra tus propias listas de correo gratuitas, en español.