Asunto:PAN- Trees are life
Fecha:Martes, 8 de Marzo, 2011  12:48:35 (-0600)
Autor:REDLUZ <lacasadelared @.....com>

From: Earth Day Network <EDN@mail.democracyinaction.org>
Date: 2011/3/8
Subject: Trees are life
To: luxweb-owner@yahoogroups.com

Dear Ricardo,

Let’s forget about carbon for one day and focus on a simple fact: trees are life. Over a billion people living in extreme poverty rely on forests to survive. They need trees to provide food, shelter, fuel, and to preserve the very fabric of their culture.

Think of Haiti. Its people rely heavily on local forests. But harsh economic realities have forced forest management to take a backseat to survival. The result: rampant deforestation, leading to devastating landslides, erosion, and floods.

Scenarios like Haitian deforestation are calls to action - it’s our duty to answer them. And we have. Using sustainable agroforestry, we planted 500,000 new trees last year to combat centuries of environmental degradation and bring life-sustaining fruit to Haitian communities.

Much work is left to be done. Frankly, we cannot do it alone. Thus, we created the Canopy Project - a people-powered campaign designed to plant a new tree for every dollar our supporters give. Let’s get to work! Will you help us plant 10,000 new trees by March 31st?

Please join the Canopy Project and defend forests where they are threatened most. We will plant a new tree for every dollar you give.

Our tree programs have brought over a million new trees to life in forests and communities around the world. We’ve enhanced thousands of lives. With your help, we can do so much more.

Maybe you can't travel to Haiti or Mexico to plant trees, but you can still stop the decline in forests worldwide. For just one dollar, plant a tree! Contribute $50 or more to receive a t-shirt as a token of our appreciation.

Help us reach our goal of 10,000 new trees by March 31. Give to the Canopy Project and fight the global threat of deforestation.

Thank you for your amazing support! Who says you need to get your hands dirty to make a real difference?

The Team,
Earth Day Network

© Copyright 2010, Earth Day Network
Visit Earthday.org

We want to hear from you.
Join the discussion on our Facebook page and follow @EarthDayNetwork on Twitter.

BeRuby te regala un euro!
- SOLO PARA ESPAÑA - En BeRuby puedes ganar dinero haciendo lo que ya haces en la red
beruby