Asunto:PAN- URGENT TO ALL GROUPS / Michael Ruppert's Case on USA governmental corruption
Fecha:Sabado, 24 de Mayo, 2003  17:16:48 (-0500)
Autor:RedLUZ/LUXWeb <redluz @...............mx>

URGENT TO ALL GROUPS / Michael Ruppert's Case on USA governmental corruption

From: PagPawnt@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:29:27 +0000
Subject: [PagPawnt] Digest Number 1335

Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:03:40 EDT
From: Mofmars3@wmconnect.com
Subject: URGENT TO ALL GROUPS***CONCERNS ALL OF OUR ISSUES IN A BIG WAY

So many causes that need money...I can never send any...But for this...I
can't afford not to...The sake of our children's future is at stake...I
don't know who wrote the following but it will inspire many...I'm sure...It did me...

Blessings
Marsha

PS...Please help out by forwarding this urgent info This made me cry....It
is really happening. We need everyone that is aware to help out in some way.
Here is a chance for all to make a difference!  This is urgent, time is of
the essence!  Do it NOW!! We the People, can unite and create miracles!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HERE IS A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY, BE PART OF THE TRUTH ON
EARTH...THE TIMING ON THIS IS URGENT!

HERE'S OUR CHANCE

DON STACEY WRITES

Allright! Now we can actually do something that makes a difference. Michael
Ruppert is the courageous ex-cop who has taken on governmental corruption in
a big way. He has taken on the CIA about their drug trafficking (website is
copvcia.com for example). He has lectured about the unanswered questions
concerning 911, offering evidence that what we were told were lies. He is
making a difference.

And we can help him do more. Someone provided $20,000 so that he could place
a full page ad in the Washington Post. You will thrill as you read the ad.
And even more when you hear the responses he has received and the proposal he makes now.

He has found a way to get full page ads in the top 12 newspapers. They reach
over 25 million people. This must happen. I have dug deep into my pocket and
sent him a donation that is large given my circumstances. Can you send
something? Ten dollars?....more if you can? Please consider doing so. And
think of the many times you have felt helpless as the craziness that is going on in our country streams by you. C'mon. Let's chip in whatever we can and really get the word out.

This is for you, of course, but more importantly, this is for your children
and grandchildren. Let's not be remembered as the generation that let our
kids down!

Let's get the truth out!

Don Stacey

* * * * * * * * * *

<A
HREF="http://www.fromthewilderness.com/cgi-bin/MasterPFP.cgi?doc=http://www.
fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/052103_roaring_mouse.html">http://www.fromthe
wilderness.com/cgi-bin/MasterPFP.cgi?doc=http://www.fromthew
ilderness.com/free/ww3/052103_roaring_mouse.html</A>

THE MOUSE THAT ROARED
9,000 FTW Subscribers Take on America
(and the World)!

May 21, 2003, 1500 PDT (FTW) ­ Since our ad ran in The Washington Post last
Friday we have been completely overwhelmed with email and calls from people
who want to help run the ad in more newspapers in America and around the
world.

Well, we've got your request covered!

Click here to see the ad:
<http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/051603_wash_post_ad.html>

FIRST SOME STATISTICS

The Washington Post ad reached an audience of more than 2.5 million people.
According to Washington insiders we have spoken to, the effects of it are
still reverberating throughout our nation's capitol. While we are confident
that our ad hastened and very likely caused, the April 26 firing of Army
Secretary Thomas White, other recent departures were also very likely
influenced by it. Those include:

ˇ        Ari Fleischer (White House press secretary) who announced his
departure on May 17th;
ˇ        Mitch Daniels (White House budget director) who announced his
resignation on May 6th (after The Washington Post had received the ad copy);
and,
ˇ        Christie Todd Whitman (EPA Administrator) who announced her
departure on May 21.

While it would be unreasonable to assume that our ad was solely responsible
for their departures, we do know that the ad addressed issues that touched
all four of them directly. In the case of Daniels it was announced that he
had been subpoenaed in a stock fraud investigation right after his resignation.

That had been in the works for some time. The point is that our ad
highlighted either the personal liabilities each person carried with them, or the risks inherent in the position itself. It made a difference! These departures going in to an election cycle are the administration's way of shedding liabilities and possibly (in Whitman's case) someone saying, "I just can't do this anymore!"

That's part of what ads like this can do.

THE GAME

Ken at our ad agency has put together an amazing ad buy, the Top 12
newspapers (readership wise) in the United States:

Atlanta Journal Constitution
Boston Globe
Chicago Tribune
Dallas Morning News
Los Angeles Times
Miami Herald
New York Times
Philadelphia Inquirer
San Francisco Chronicle
Seattle Times
Minneapolis Tribune
Arizona Republic

Together, the readership of these newspapers is between 25-40 Million
people!

If someone purchased these full-page ads individually in these newspapers it
would cost well over $500,000. We got a price of just $100,000 for all 12
cities!

LET'S DO THE MATH

FTW has a little over 9,000 subscribers. If everyone put in JUST $10.00
(ten) dollars we would have $90,000 to run the ads!  That's it. That simple.
9,000 FTW subscribers could affect the thinking of 40 MILLION AMERICANS! Now
that's saying something! That is voting with your money! What Spirit!

A gentleman in Seattle phoned to say he and his wife discussed foregoing
their summer vacation plans and put their $4,000 towards running the FTW ad
in Seattle. Another long time subscriber has pledged several thousand more to see the ad run in more places. A kid in Florida is putting on a benefit concert with his band to raise money to see the ad run in Florida.

REALITY

This is our time. This is our chance to reach and influence many, many
millions of Americans (and readers world-wide)...and to wake them up!
We know that not all of you will send in $10 to make this happen.
We also know that many of you will and can gladly offer several hundred or
several thousand dollars to make this happen. Please do.
This may be our last chance at free speech.

NEVER in the history of America has such a message had the opportunity to
reach this many people in print!

A separate account has been set up through our advertising agency to handle
all of the donations. The money will be used EXCLUSIVELY to buy ad space.
We have 30 days to raise $100,000 to buy the ad space. This is completely
possible! The Mouse That Roared...will make a difference. Be part of this.
Make checks payable to: More Than News Productions - memo: FTW AD
Send to:

From The Wilderness
Ad Donation
PO Box 6061-350
Sherman Oaks, CA 91413

You can also donate online at:
<A
HREF="http://www.fromthewilderness.com/FTW_Ad.html">http://www.fromthewilder
ness.com/FTW_Ad.html</A>

Note: Credit cards can be used to make donations but once the ad buys are
placed, no refunds can be given.

~IBERAMERICAN WEB OF LIGHT

English services

LUXWEB
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/luxweb   (Up to 4 daily messages)
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/luxwebII   (1 daily message)
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/luxwebIII   (1 weekly message)

ACTION ALERT
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/actionalert

Click here to download the ad in PDF format (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Suggest you right-click the link and Save Target As...

<http://www.fromthewilderness.com/cgi-bin/MasterPFP.cgi?doc=http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/051603_wash_post_ad.html>

To see a 2-page version (easier to print), click here: 2-Page Version of Ad (674K)

VOTING WITH YOUR MONEY

Subscriber Buys FTW Full Page Ad
in The Washington Post

Leaked Copy May Have Forced Resignation
of Army Secretary

May 16, 2003, 0500 PDT (FTW) ­ From The Wilderness today ran a full-page ad in the front section of The Washington Post intended to educate the American people, support heroic leaders and promote a number of independent media outlets which have made important contributions since 9/11. The ad was the direct result of a donation from a subscriber who had recently viewed FTW Publisher Mike Ruppert's video "The Truth and Lies of 9-11".  The ad that ran today was actually a second version, the text of which had to be changed after the first version apparently caused some nervousness in Washington.

It's an interesting story

The text of the first ad, which reached the Post on April 23rd, contained two sections of well-supported text that were sharply critical of Army Secretary Thomas White. White was suddenly fired by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld three days after the ad reached the Post. FTW has not been able to confirm that the ad was leaked but publisher Michael Ruppert strongly suspects it.

"It started when we got a call from a retired business executive who was so incensed by what he had seen in the 9/11 tape that he decided he wanted to do something with his own good fortune to make a difference. He specifically said that he wanted to buy us a full-page in the Post and that we could write anything we wanted," said Ruppert. "His only condition was that he remain anonymous. FTW never handled any of the fee ­ in excess of $20,000 -- to purchase the space and not once did our subscriber try to influence its content. I wrote the ad and three wonderful human beings contributed to it."

The three contributors who wrote special statements for the ad were former Assistant Secretary of Housing and past managing Director of Dillon Read, Catherine Austin Fitts, University of Illinois law professor Francis Boyle, and former Democratic Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney of Georgia.

Ruppert continued, "We knew that if FTW were to try to book the ad alone we would likely be turned down. Because the ad and its cartoon, conceived by FTW's General Manager Mike Leon and drawn for us by Canadian artist Blaine Machan, was critical of the major media and the US economy's corruption and reliance on drug money, we needed an edge," Ruppert continued. "So we turned to the L.A.-based More Than News agency and its owner Ken Levine for assistance. We had worked with Ken ­ a former L.A. area TV news director -- before and we trusted him."

Levine, working in concert with the FTW subscriber purchased the ad space through a major New York ad brokerage firm, with which Levine has had good relations. That firm actually books most of the Post's ad space and that provided the necessary clout to get the ad to the next stage.

The text of the ad was submitted to New York on April 15, well before White's firing. According to Levine, there was quite a reaction. "They had never seen anything like this. They liked it but they thought the Post would never approve it even though the Post has a decent history of running political ads."

In two places the ad featured statements highly critical of now-former Secretary White. In her statement Fitts criticized White for his inability to balance the Army's books at a time when the Department of Defense has admittedly "misplaced" more that $3 trillion of taxpayer money. Ruppert observed, "White's claim that residual damage from the attacks of September 11th was the cause for unbalanced books in the Army was ludicrous. The attack of 9/11 hit the Navy Wing of the Pentagon. How could that affect the Army?"

In the text of the ad itself White was also criticized for his role as an Enron executive which provided him with millions of dollars in income while stockholders were being defrauded. White was subsequently investigated for insider trading of Enron stock.

Boyle, a professor of international law has been the leader in a growing movement to impeach President George W. Bush for high crimes and misdemeanors related to his prosecution of the Iraqi invasion. Recently, articles of impeachment drafted by Boyle were reviewed by several members of congress. McKinney, widely criticized in the press for asking important questions about Bush administration foreknowledge of the 9/11 attacks and the possibility of excessive profiteering by corporations allied with the Bush administration, has since been vindicated by congressional intelligence hearings and recent major media stories concerning the Carlyle Group. She lost her 2002 primary election to a newcomer in what is now being labeled in a Georgia lawsuit as a demonstrably-illegal Republican crossover vote.

"I asked these three heroes to participate in the ad because they have all shown great courage in acting as responsible public servants and citizens and they have all suffered punishment as a result. Yet they are still standing, still in the ring and they deserve recognition for their perseverance," said Ruppert.

But there was to be more drama before the ad was printed.

The Washington Post advertising department approved the text of the first ad just a day after White's firing. According to Ruppert and Levine it was not possible after that to change the text of the ad without reopening the entire approval process and risking a rejection after the ad had apparently been leaked to government circles in Washington.

"And all we had was a window of about two weeks when the ad was supposed to run under the contract. We had no control over the exact day. So we decided to let the first ad run without trying to update it in the wake of White's firing," Ruppert observed. "It was just too risky otherwise. The only thing that could have blocked the ad -- which was purchased at a discount rate through the ad brokerage -- would have been if there was a sudden flurry of late advertisers who suddenly decided to purchase full-price ads."

"We were told that this was highly unlikely but, as it turns out, that's exactly what happened," said Ruppert with a chuckle. "One of our subscribers in the Washington area told us that he had never seen so many full-page ads in his life."

When the two week contract period was not met by the Post, FTW then had the opportunity to change the text to what ran today without risking a rejection. On Levine's advice the ad was rebooked for another week and the second version was published today.

From the start Ruppert was skeptical that the ad would be allowed to run under any circumstances. He views it's publication today as something of a much needed miracle.

"When people see the kind of reaction this ad produces and the power that they have to stir the public and get real responses out of government, I think we're going to see a lot more efforts like this. It's one thing when one individual in a position to do it pays for an ad like this. But twenty thousand dollars isn't an unreachable amount for a hundred or a thousand people. Pretty soon you might see people forming coalitions to purchase commercials on television or blocks of ads in major newspapers. That's how you reach the people and keep good and accurate information from being marginalized.

"It was also extremely important that we recognized and gave energy to a number of independent media sources that have made great contributions since 9/11. While much of America may not know how much these organizations have influenced events, they should. Independent media is filling a huge vacuum left by the needlessly obedient mainstream press.

"It's called taking full advantage of those aspects of free speech that the government hasn't taken away yet. It's learning how the money works and using it to your advantage. As Fitts always says, 'Vote with your money.'"

Do you want to run the ad in YOUR local newspaper?
Contact us at: media@copvcia.com
or Click Here and Make It Happen!

FLYERS/HANDOUTS/POSTERS
of the FTW AD that ran in The Washington Post
NOTE: These are HIGH-RESOLUTION files.
They are intended for printing on a laser printer or higher.
Do NOT download unless you have a high-speed connection.
(or are extremely patient!)