Asunto:PAN- Manifesto / Call of the Condor / Peru, 2003 / Vision Council for Bioregional Action
Fecha:Miercoles, 14 de Enero, 2004  02:00:41 (-0600)
Autor:Ricardo G Ocampo <redanahuak @...............mx>

Manifesto / Call of the Condor / Peru, 2003 / Vision Council for Bioregional Action

MANIFESTO
Call of the Condor
September 28, 2003
Peru
http://ena.ecovillage.org/condor/index.html

As people who care for the earth, we have answered the Call of the Condor.

We represent the confluence of many movements from around the world. We are ecology, permaculture and bioregional activists, the global ecovillage network, rainbow people, spiritual workers and healers, the World Thirteen Moon Calendar peace movement, traditional and indigenous community leaders and supporters, artists and culture creators.

We are over 700 people from 36 countries and all the earth¹s continents and we have come together as a community, living on the land in the sacred valley of the Incas to unify our knowledge and our spirits. We give thanks for the ancient earth teachings that have informed this gathering.

Together in both our unity and our diversity, we call upon all our earth and peace-loving brothers and sisters to the following next steps.

In recognition of the importance of going into our communities to spread consciousness of the earth as a living intelligence calling us to wake up to her wisdom, we commit to synchronizing our efforts around two important dates. On June 8, Venus comes closer to earth than it has in 130 years, and July 25 is the international day of peace and culture and the thirteen moon calendar day out of time.

Wherever we are, we commit to creating bioregional and local community gatherings, workshops, courses and other events both on and between these significant dates.

We see these as a huge opportunity to impact the collective consciousness and offer training and skills for restoring the earth and creating a more sustainable world.

After this major initiative, we propose that we carry on the work of the Vision Council at another gathering in Brazil during the September equinox. We pass to the Brazilian movements represented here, along with La Caravana, the authority to coordinate with other international movements, the realization of this ambitious and important project.

We also recognize that cumulatively, across the earth even such activities as gatherings, ceremonies, marches and assemblies for positive change make significant demands on the earth¹s ecosystems. So, we also pledge to ask of ourselves and all people of the earth to give ten percent of our individual and organizational resources to the carrying out of physical actions for the healing, restoration and nurturance of the earth and its ecosystems.

As a means of supporting each other, we commit to developing a worldwide calendar of all the events of our networks and movements on our web pages and through our attendance when possible.

Call of the Condor
Vision Council for Bioregional Action
Sacred Valley, Qosqo, Peru
September 22nd to 29th, 2003