Asunto:PAN- 8000 Sacred Drums / Global Drums Network / Equinox / March 21
Fecha:Martes, 16 de Marzo, 2004  00:47:06 (-0600)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo <redanahuak @...............mx>

8000 Sacred Drums / Global Drums Network / Equinox / March 21

----------
From: Cecilia Acosta <acecilia@ciudad.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:33:58 -0300

From: Cecilia Rosalia Paiva Cervantes <mailto:rocepaiva@hotmail.com>

EIGHT THOUSAND SACRED DRUMS

in Toronto-Canada

Let’s come together to support the vision of the Otomi People from Mexico: The day when the sound of eight thousand sacred drums gather, will be the beginning of the true healing of Mother Earth, of all Species and Human Family

Everyone is Welcome! In harmony

When:  March 21, 2004

Where : Dufferin Grove Park   (Dufferin between Bloor & College)

Time: 10.30 a.m.

If you don’t have a drum, bring the drum inside your heart or a couple of stones

For more information: 416-534-8905. E-mail: pachakusi@hotmail.com Soon info at www.dufferinpark.ca

"We have come to this world as brothers. We are sons of Mother Earth (Pachamama). Let’s walk together and hold each other’s hands. We must find our way!".

NOTE: Bring an offering (flowers, candles or any other special object) and food to share after the drumming.

* * * * * * * * * *

Indigenous International University

EIGHT THOUSAND SACRED DRUMS
FOR THE HEALING OF THE MOTHER EARTH AND ENSURE LIFE AND PEACE

WORLDWIDE CALL TO

The Indigenous First Nations, Peoples, Communities and Organizations of the World and all Humankind

According to a Prophecy Revealed at the Otomí Ceremonial Center by the Otomí Elder Sages to the Indigenous Peoples and all Humankind and a Vision of our Venerable Ancestors, the day when the Sounds of Eight Thousand Sacred Drums join together will be the beginning of a true Healing of Mother Earth, of All the Species and of the Human Family ­ which is now in total disequilibrium ­ in order to be able to live together on the road to Sacred Peace, in harmonious union with the Universe, Mother Nature, the Community, the Family and our own Hearts. It is time to re-unify ourselves and rediscover for ourselves all the Seeds of the Four Directions in order to reactivate cosmic energy, heal historical wounds and heal our Mother Earth by respecting life and the liberty and dignity of our Peoples.

The Otomí Nation, through the Council of the Elders and the Guardians of the Otomí Tradition, the Dänguu Mfädi ³Mähki ´Ñuu² (Grand House of Otomí Knowledge), and the International Indigenous University invite to:

*    Indigenous Keepers of the Ancestral, Ceremonial and Medicinal Sound of the Sacred Drums

*    Councils of Elders, Sages and Leaders of all Indigenous Nations, Peoples and Organizations

*    Indigenous Guides, Guardians and Spiritual Leaders

*    And All Traditions of Humankind to come together at the Grand Indigenous Ceremony of the EIGHT THOUSAND SACRED DRUMS FOR THE HEALING THE MOTHER EARTH AND ENSURE LIFE AND PEACE .

Which will be held at the Otomí Ceremonial Center in Temoaya, State of México, Otomí Nation, México, and at Ceremonial Centers and Sacred Indigenous Sites around the world at 12 noon on March 21, 2004.

Universidad Indígena Internacional

COORDINATION FORMS

1. Blessing of the Sacred Drums.

It will be a great blessing for Traditions from around the World to be represented by the Drums at the Otomí Ceremonial Center in Temoaya, State of México, Otomí Native Nation, México, taking part together in the Grand Ceremony of 8,000 Sacred Drums to cure Mother Earth and ensure Life and Peace (March 21, 2004) and the International Indigenous In-Gathering of Sacred Drums (March 18-20, 2004).

2.  The Spirit of 8,000 Sacred Drums.

The prophecy of the ancestors of the Otomí Native Nation, the Sacred Civilizatión of Silence, Sound, Time, Space and Corn (Ñätho-Ñähñu-ŒÑuhmu-ŒÑuhu-Olmecas-Toltecas-Teotihuacanos), is an Awakening of Indigenous Peoples and of All Humankind. We will come together to make the Sound of 8,000 Sacred Drums  (the number may be 8,000 times 8,000 worldwide) to enable the Vibration of All the Sacred Drums to generate Mähki ŒÑithi (Powerful Sacred Medicine) and Ts¹edi Pa (intensified Healing Energy) to Heal Mother Earth.

The messages from our wise elders (both men and women) also speak to us of the need to transform drums of war into Drums of Peace and to recognize the importance of the work for harmony and the peaceful resolution of conflicts around the world.

To leave a message of Love and Respect for all forms of Life on the planet. Life with Liberty, Justice, Dignity and Sacred Peace. To recognize that Everything is Sacred, and that our mission is to work to ensure that our life is in equilibrium with our families, communities, peoples, humanity, plants, animals, air, earth, fire, the Cosmos and our own heart.
To present the option of Mother Earth and for Life and Peace as a legacy for present and future generations.

3. Meeting Place.

Notwithstanding the In-Gathering, the idea is that those that cannot attend, in their thousands or millions, can connect with this Grand Indigenous Ceremony. This is why, with all the love and respect of our heart, we are inviting your Family, Group, Council, Collective, Association, Community, or Native People or Nation of all regions and countries worldwide to meet at some Sacred Place (a Valley, Desert, Jungle, Island, Lake, Forest, Mountain, Cave, River, Waterfall, Ceremonial Center, Temple or special Site of your own, at the Altar in your Home, your Cultural or Educational Center or some other Meeting Place, such as a Public Square, Garden, or any other space conducive to a Meeting.

4. Time and Date of Ceremony.

The purpose is to join the Sound of the Sacred Drums for an hour (60 minutes) at 12 noon (local time at every location on the Planet) on March 21, 2004. Depending on your local capabilities and conditions, you can begin your activities for one hour or 12 hours any time between dawn and dusk, or activities may continue all day (for 24 hours).

5. Ways to Connect and Share.

You can play and thereby connect with the sound of the Sacred Drums or other similar percussion instruments. You can also connect through other musical instruments, dancing and sacred chants; you can hold a ceremony or rituals; you can meditate or pray in any language. You can unite the drum of your heart with the drum of all Humankind. May all the power and sacred medicine of the Sacred Drums come to us, unite us and bring us together, reconcile us and heal us and bring joy to our hearts.

6. For the Earth, Peace and Life.

Every Sister, Brother, Family, Group, Council, Collective, Association, Community, Native People, Native Nation or any other Tradition from every area on the planet can have activities before, during and after the Grand Ceremony of 8,000 Sacred Drums. These activities may be focused on the defense and respect of Mother Earth (jungles, forests, ceremonial centers and sacred sites), Peace (for the collective rights of Indigenous Peoples and of all Traditional Societies worldwide) and Life (Equilibrium with animal, plant, mineral and human Life. Life is sacred and in harmony and dignity with all living things).

7. Be in Touch.

We ask you to be in communication with us. Let us know how many Sacred Drums are involved from your home areas; let us know that we are connecting with every place and region so that we will know about the ceremonies, meetings, festivals, workshops, meditations, and ceremonial, cultural and fraternal activities being held around Sacred Drums. May the shimmering of light bathe us and may healing energy spread among everyone so that we can feel, experience and share in peace and love at all times.

8. Sacred Ceremony.

For those who would like to attend, we will share this Sacred Ceremony of March 21, 2004, with you. As a gesture of love and respect, you may begin as follows:

*    Dawn Ceremony (Greetings to the Four Directions, the Heart of the Sky and of the Earth and Our Heart)

*    Offering to Father Sun

*    Ceremony to Bless and Consecrate the Drums

*    Harmonious playing and cosmic sound of the Drums  (12:00 noon)

*    Messages to heal Mother Nature and ensure Life and Peace of the Four Directions

*    Sacred Convergence (Music and Song)

*    Farewell Ceremony (Greetings to the Four Directions, the Heart of the Sky and of the Earth and Our Heart)

drums@universidadindigena.org
http://universidadindigena.org

Other resources on New Information:
http://www.laneta.apc.org/redanahuak