Asunto:[RedLuz] [LuxWeb] Battleground: New Mexico vs Aspartame & Ajinomoto
Fecha:Viernes, 30 de Septiembre, 2005  18:42:43 (-0500)
Autor:Programa Interredes <redanahuak @...............mx>

From: Programa Interredes <redanahuak@...>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:33:48 -0500
To: LuxWeb <LuxWeb@...>

From: "Dr. Betty Martini,D.Hum." <Bettym19@...>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:52:51 -0400
To: Programa Interredes <redanahuak@...>, Stephen Fox
<stephen@...>

Dear Ricardo,

So nice to hear from you after so many years.  Your email had come
back.  The timing is great.  I want you to have this press release for your
network.  Right now the battle is in New Mexico on aspartame, but it can
affect the whole world if we're successful.  And meet Stephen Fox,
petitioner, Founder of the New Mexico Nutrition Council and Mission
Possible New Mexico.    This press release will also bring you up-to-date
on what is going on and give you resources.   We're also still looking for
that doctor in Mexico.  Press release below.

All my best,
Betty

From: "Dr. Betty Martini,D.Hum." <Bettym19@...>
Subject: Battleground:  New Mexico vs Aspartame & Ajinomoto - note
   location change on press release

New Mexico/Atlanta  September 28:

On October 4 the New Mexico Environmental Improvement Board will consider
whether it has statutory authority to ban aspartame or if FDA approval of
the chemical cancels New Mexico's power to protect its citizens.  The EIB's
vote in Room 2027, NM State Records & Archives/Library Bldg., 1205 Camino
Carlos Rey  will be a momentous decision affecting every New Mexican.  This
had been scheduled to be in the Capital but changed today due to a special
session at the Roundhouse that week.

The Petitioner, Stephen Fox, explains:  "The corporations which make and
use aspartame are trying to ignore the 1941 and l982 New Mexico statutes on
poisonous food additives as well as the Environment Act which created the
EIB.  If they prevail with their totally corporate-serving logic, they
subvert the intent of the entire legislature with a transparent
intimidation based on the crumbling mythology of preemption by FDA
approval, the theory of which is monstrously flawed."

The decision of the seven people on the EIB will determine if there will be
a detailed hearing in which victims, physicians, lawyers and others may
testify, or whether the hearing will be denied and the voices of New Mexico
silenced.

Renowned Attorney James Turner sent the Honorable Gay Dillingham,
Chairwoman of the EIB, the following advice, in part: "Your statutory
powers to consider these matters are explicitly set forth in New Mexico
Food Act (25-2-1 through 25-2-19)  poisonous &
deleterious food adulteration is the province of the EIB; your powers in
that regard are very precise."

Turner further states:  "During [1970] I worked closely with the United
States Senate Select Committee on Nutrition and Human Needs, to which I
subsequently served as special counsel. Dr. John Olney of Washington
University in St. Louis, whose information
presented to that committee played a key role in the elimination of
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) from baby food, informed me that the aspartic
acid component of aspartame created the same kind of lesions (holes) in the
brains of mice that MSG did. Dr. Olney's
information caused me to investigate aspartame further."

"In 1969, I was the lawyer in charge of a team of 20 law and medical
students investigating, under the direction of Ralph Nader, food safety
regulation at  the US Food and Drug Administration. The Chemical Feast: The
Nader Report on Food Protection and the
FDA, which I authored, reported the results of that investigation."

"Dr. Olney's information about the harm caused to mice brains by a
component of aspartame looked to me strikingly like the information on
cyclamate."

"These concerns included several animal studies showing a significant
number of brain tumors in aspartame-treated animals but not in controls.
Breakdown products created by the digestion of aspartame included known
cancer-causing substances. In a study of approximately 20 monkeys, all
high-dose animals experienced grand mal (epileptic) seizures. Finally, when
the scientific documents were made public --the first and only time FDA
made trade-secret food additive evidence public --scientists advising me
found also that aspartame-fed animals suffered measurable eye damage and
women users experienced statistically significant weight gain.  Searle had
not -- in spite of its legal obligations -- reported the lesions to FDA."

"In the early 1990's National Cancer Institute data showed that there had
been a ten percent rise in humans of the same kind of brain tumor that most
pathologists found in the aspartame animal studies.  Dr. Olney and I, this
time accompanied by Mike Wallace
of "Sixty Minutes," approached FDA to see if it would support doing the new
brain studies we had sought in 1977. The FDA official in charge said no,
and two years later became Vice President of  Clinical Research for Searle.
Over the years, several other key
decision makers for the FDA have taken jobs with the soft drink industry or
others with an economic interest in NutraSweet."

"During these past 35 years I have met with, spoken to or corresponded with
hundreds of aspartame users who feel that the chemical has caused them
great harm -- seizures, blindness, migraines and other problems. With over
10,000 consumer complaints filed with FDA, it is the most complained-of
food additive." [Read entire letter at http://www.wnho.net/eib_turner.htm]

The aspartame industry's front group, Calorie Control Council, published a
letter in the Miami Herald recommending aspartame for pregnant women with
full knowledge it triggers birth defects.   Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock,
M.D. wrote:  "This is the most serious breach of public trust in the
history of this nation. ... "The promoters of aspartame use have been lying
from the beginning and continue to use their money and political clout to
cover up the real and present dangers of this toxic product."

Dr. Betty Martini, of Mission Possible International encourages:  "All eyes
should be on New Mexico and this historic decision.  Everyone who can help
should get involved.  New Mexico can behead this snake, and when it does a
precedent will be set for every state!
A war is being waged against our health by the producers, vendors,
lobbyists, front groups and shills of this poison who use their vast power,
cash, propaganda, advertising and colossal corruption to buy freedom to
poison us all."

"Compromised groups like the AMA, the Diabetics and the Dietetics
associations, and the Calorie Control Council, fill our hospitals and
cemeteries. CCC pushes it on pregnant women, knowing it yields miscarriages
and birth defects, as Professor of Pediatrics Dr.
Louis Elsas explained to Congress. Consumers eat a poison that converts
into  methyl alcohol, formaldehyde, formic acid, diketopiperazine and other
deadlys, for which reasons The National Soft Drink Association protested
against it in the 5/7/85 Congressional
Record."

Governor Richardson could courageously use his influence to request the EIB
to ban aspartame, putting his constituents health first in New Mexico.
Physicians, lawyers, and victims all over the United States have written
and continue to write to Bill Richardson and to the EIB, asking them to
lead New Mexico out of the "formaldehyde cocktail" era.  Turner's letter
proves to the EIB and to Governor Richardson there is at least one solid
precedent, besides the fact aspartame violates federal and state statutes
on adulteration, and that is Nixon's order to rescind FDA approval for
cyclamates in l969.

  Media contacts on issue:

The Honorable Bill Richardson      Attention, David Contarino, Chief of
Staff
Governor of New Mexico, The Capitol, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501 [(505)
827-3000]

Bill Sparks, Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications  505-476-2214
Billy.Sparks@...

1. H.J.Roberts, M.D. Internal Medicine, Author, Aspartame Disease: An
Ignored Epidemic
    1038 page medical text on global plague, West Palm Beach,
Florida   HJRobertsMD@...

2. Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum, Founder, Mission Possible International
    (770) 242-2599    bettym19@...

3. Grant La Farge, M.D. Santa Fe Pediatric Cardiology /Congenital Heart
Disease: Children & Adults  505-982-7661  Fax
505-988-5196,  grantlaf@...

4. Steven Douglas Looney, Attorney at Law, Sutin Law Firm   (505) 988-5521
    sdl@...

5. Ken Stoller, M.D. , Associate Professor of Pediatrics,
    University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Santa Fe, New
Mexico   (505) 820-6234
    hbotnm@...

6. The Honorable Jerry Ortiz y Pino,  New Mexico State Senator
    (505) 265-3717,  jortizyp@...

7. The Honorable Steve Komadina, M.D. Obstetrics and Gynecology, New Mexico
State Senator, (505) 893-2840, komadina@...

8. The Honorable Stuart Bluestone, J.D. ,Deputy Attorney General of New
Mexico,
    (505) 827-6004,  sbluestone@...

9. The Honorable Harriet Ruiz,  Representative from Albuquerque
     (505) 573-1563,  hrruiz@...

10.  Ralph Walton, M.D., Medical Director, Safe Harbor Behavioral Health
Center, Erie, Pennsylvania.  (814) 451-2313   rwalton193@...

11. The Honorable Nancy Rodriguez,  State Senator from Santa Fe, (505)
983-8913

12. Stephen Fox, Founder New Mexico Nutrition Council, (505) 983-2002
    stephen@...
Letter to Miami Herald by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D., on Calorie
Control Council:  http://www.wnho.net/mh_aspartame_letter.htm

National Soft Drink Assn admitting aspartame violates federal statutes,
part of congressional record: http://www.dorway.com/nsda.html

Aspartame Violates State and Federal Adulteration
Statutes:   http://www.rense.com/general67/aspar.htm

Books from the experts with the facts:
H. J. Roberts, M.D., Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic, 1038 page
medical text, (and others)  www.sunsentpress.com or 1 800 827 7991

Russell Blaylock, M.D., Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills  (and others) ,
www.russellblaylockmd.com

Sweet Misery:  A Poisoned World, aspartame documentary:  www.docworkers.com
Clip of James Turner explaining how aspartame got approved by politics:
http://www.soundandfury.tv/pages/rumsfeld2.html

Ajinomoto, Aspartame & Brain Tumors:  Recipe for
Death:  http://www.wnho.net/recipe_for_death.htm Contains open letter to
Ajinomoto they refuse to answer.  Aspartame Manufacturers Tell A
Whopper:   http://www.wnho.net/whopper

Ecologist, UK:  http://www.wnho.net/the_ecologist_aspartame_report.htm

Dr. Betty Martini, Founder, Mission Possible International, 9270 River Club
Parkway, Duluth, Georgia 30097 770 242-2599   www.wnho.net and
www.dorway.com Aspartame Toxicity Center, www.holisticmed.com/aspartame

Anahuak Radiant Centre
http://www.laneta.apc.org/redanahuak