Asunto:[RedLuz] Declaration of Peoples' Summit for Departments of Peace
Fecha:Miercoles, 16 de Noviembre, 2005  23:32:01 (-0600)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo <redanahuak @...............mx>

From :     <gmakreas@...>
Sent :     Friday, October 28, 2005 4:07 PM

Dear Friends of World Peace,

Exciting news!  An international initiative for the creation of Departments
of Peace in governments throughout the world has been launched!

If you are inspired by this initiative, then please forward this news to
your peace networks...and JOIN US in creating a Department or Ministry for
Peace in your country.

www.thepeacealliance.org

In the Spirit of Peace,
Kosta Makreas San Francisco, CA

--------------------------------

From Dot Maver, Executive Director of The Peace Alliance
(www.thepeacealliance.org)

Dear Friends of a Department of Peace,

We return from the first International People's Summit for Departments of
Peace, held October 18 and 19 in London, with great hope and increased
energy for the work we have undertaken to create an infrastructure for peace
as we call for departments of peace in governments throughout the world and
continue our work here in the United States campaigning for a US Department
of Peace.

Forty people from twelve countries attended the London Summit. Countries
represented included Australia, Canada, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, the
Netherlands, Palestine, Romania, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United
States. Summit attendees also participated in a two-day training in the
latest methodologies and developments in the field of peacebuilding and
conflict transformation. There are many of us calling for dialogue to
determine ways to resolve conflicts with peaceful means. In July the United
Nations hosted the largest ever gathering of Civil Society where a Global
Action Agenda for the Prevention of Violent Conflict was presented to the
Secretary-General. The global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed
Conflict is calling on governments to work with civil society in building a
safer, more peaceful world. www.gppac.net

Both the Summit and the training that preceded it were facilitated by Kai
Frithjof Brand-Jacobsen, founder and director of the Peace Action, Training
and Research Institute of Romania (PATRIR) and co-director of Transcend.
http://www.transcend.org/

On the final day of the London Summit, the participants launched an on-going
partnership for global action, called the People's Initiative for
Departments of Peace, and planned for the second People's Summit to be held
June 2006 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, preceding the first World
Peace Forum. The Summit concluded with a public meeting in the Grand
Committee Room in the Houses of Parliament, where a Declaration (reproduced
below) was presented to John McDonnell MP (member of parliament) who,
inspired by Rep. Dennis Kucinich, has introduced legislation in the UK for a
Ministry for Peace.
http://www.thepeacealliance.org/campaigns/peoples_summit.htm

Please forward this message on to your networks, national and international,
as there are now many Department of Peace working groups forming in
countries around the world. We will keep you posted on progress as this
initiative unfolds.

In the Spirit of Peace, Dot

Dorothy J. Maver
Executive Director
The Peace Alliance
FIRST PEOPLE'S SUMMIT FOR DEPARTMENTS OF PEACE
London, 19 October 2005

=====================

DECLARATION OF THE PEOPLE'S SUMMIT FOR DEPARTMENTS OF PEACE

Today, we announce the launch of an international initiative for the
creation of Departments of Peace in governments throughout the world.

Violence of all kinds is increasing.

There is an urgent need to find responsible solutions, expanding on past and
present peace-building successes.

This international initiative will both provide resources and support for
existing national Department of Peace campaigns, and assist new ones as they
appear in other countries.

While the exact role of the department will differ in each country, its
basic functions will be the same:

To foster a culture of peace;
To research, articulate and help bring about non-violent solutions to
conflicts at all levels; and
To provide resources for training in peace-building and conflict
transformation to people everywhere.

We, the undersigned, joyfully vow to support and encourage each other, to
share information, to enrich each other’s experience, to listen to one
another and to celebrate our commonalities and differences in our journey
together towards a culture of peace.

Department of Peace, Australia
Working Group for a Federal Department of Peace, Canada
ministry for peace, United Kingdom
The Peace Alliance, Campaigning for a US Department of Peace, United States
of
America
Delegation from Israel
Binnie D’egli Innocenti, WWGHM, Italy
Federation of Damanhur, Italy
Global Peace Campaign, Working for a Ministry of Peace in Japan
Ank Mesritz, House of Peace, Netherlands
Paul van Tongeren, European Centre for Conflict Prevention, Netherlands
Zoughbi Zoughbi, WI’AM, Palestinian Conflict Resolution Centre, Palestine

Romanian Department of Peace Initiative
Jo Berry, Building Bridges for Peace, United Kingdom
Rolf C Carriere
Simonetta Costanzo Pittaluga

         Compra o vende de manera diferente en www.egrupos.net