Asunto:[RedLuz] Global Leadership News - Dec. 1, 2005
Fecha:Domingo, 4 de Diciembre, 2005  00:35:50 (-0600)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo <redanahuak @...............mx>

From: Lightweave@...
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 09:29:22 -0500 (EST)

International Institute For Global Leadership
Issue #48 * December 1st, 2005
www.global-leadership.com
Asheville, NC. USA

The newsletter this month will be relatively brief.   We have a detailed
progress report that will be going out to contributors within the next few
days and a set of announcements of new developments which will be sent to
students within the next week.   So we are limiting this issue of the news
to a recognition of our new students and the progress being made by our
other students.

At the bottom of the newsletter I have included an email from one of our
students from Jordan. She wrote this the day after the bombing in the hotel
in Amman on November 9th.   She shares some very valuable insights and heart
thoughts which were born out of her own pain.

Meet Our New Students
We are pleased to introduce two new provisional students who became active
in October after completing their two introductory books

Kehinde K. Agunloye   (Nigeria)
Born into a family of nine, and losing his father at the age of six, Kehinde
became a wage earner and source of support for the family at a very early
age.   In spite of this, his passion for education kept him in school until
he successfully received his MA degree in Banking & Finance in 2004 and is
currently working in the aviation industry.   He is married and has three
children and is involved in various volunteer endeavors on behalf of helping
those in his community.

Lilian Hoguaica Rodrigues Caceres (Venezuela)
Lilian, who is 29, is our first student in the new IIGL Spanish Division.
She is employed as an Industrial Engineer.   Lilian sees that the biggest
problem the world faces today is that of   our attachment to values and
beliefs that no longer work and expecting others such as leaders, to rescue
us from our problems rather than taking personal responsibility.   Also our
false belief that money can solve all our problems.   She sees real change
beginning within ourselves and our waking up to our true potential.   She
describes how her personal journey to freedom began with reading the book
"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo.   This was the beginning of her journey of
reading many other books which have played an important role in her journey
of personal transformation

Student Progress
Thirteen of our students completed a total of 19 books and assessments this
month. Our congratulations to:

Sammy Jacobs Adams (Ghana)
* The Leadership Pill
* The Power of Failure

Linquist Asiebela (Kenya)
* PsychoCybernetics 2000
* Your Sacred Self

Masiga Asunza (Kenya)
* Seeds of Greatness

Rose Njihia (Kenya)
* Success Through Positive Mental Attitude

Luke Chigozie Ekeocha  (Nigeria)
* Success Through Positive Mental Attitude

Joel Ebute (Nigeria)
* Success Through Positive Mental Attitude

Christine Ezichi Festus   (Nigeria)
* Success Through Positive Mental Attitude
* Real Magic

Onoh Gabriel Obinna (Nigeria)
* Your Sacred Self

Kehinde K. Agunloye (Nigeira)
* Jonathan Livingston Seagull
* As A Man Thinketh

Akinkunle Akinloye   (Nigeria)
* PsychoCybernetics 2000
* Seeds of Greatness

Mark Mazadu (Nigeria)
* Grow Rich With Peace Of Mind

Oluranti Blessed Efunwoye (USA)
* Unlimited Power

Lilian Hoguaica Rodrigues Caceres
* Jonathan Livingston Seagull
* As A Man Thinketh

Global Resources
The Global Resources Links at our website put enormous internet resources at
your fingertips. Each month we highlight three of these.   You can access
the whole list at http://www.global-leadership.com/resources/index.htm

Foreign Aid
www.goreignaid.com
Founded in January 2003, ForeignAid.com's mission is to build the capacity
of high-impact international development nonprofits by providing information
to connect nonprofits with donors and resources worldwide. ForeignAid.com
provides detailed profiles, analysis, certifications, and ratings for
grassroots nonprofits worldwide. Our mission is to bridge the information
gap between high-impact grassroots nonprofits worldwide and donors by
providing donors and nonprofits information they can trust.

Alliances For Africa
www.alliancesforafrica.org
An African non-governmental peace, human rights and development
organisation. Through strategic partnerships with local, national and
regional organisations, AfA undertakes programmes to enhance or reconstruct
the interface between civil and political rights and economic and social
rights.

Non-Violent Communication
www.cnvc.org/main.htm
Nonviolent Communications (NVC) is a process that strengthens our ability to
inspire compassion from others and respond compassionately to others and
ourselves. NVC guides us to reframe how we express ourselves and how we hear
others by focusing our consciousness on what we are observing, feeling,
needing, and requesting. It is a language of empathy and honesty, and is
sometimes described as ³the language of the heart.²

Michael Lightweaver
lightweave@...
International Institute For Global Leadership
PO Box 18909, Asheville, NC. 28814, USA

By Nahla Rifai
10/11/2005
Geneva/Amman

A number of 'terrorist attacks' took place in Amman last night.   Appalling,
depressing, sad. A Jordanian friend here had immediately informed me of the
incidences over the phone. I'm in Geneva, Switzerland, by the way. So it
seemed even sadder that I was so far away from home at such a miserable time
when one needs to comfort family and friends. I then switched on CNN to see
that the first two out of three hotel attacks were a mere 5 minute-drive
away from my home. So close yet so far. That indeed seems to be the
psychological state many of us in the world today possess during incidences
of grotesque violence and death. Violence and terror seem to have become
abstract images we see on television and newspapers that touch us for a
moment then icily make their way to our political and social jargon.

The numerous deaths and injuries caused in Amman last night are truly
atrocious. Jordan has now officially joined what I call "the territories of
the terrorised." Despite being one of the forerunner countries in the fight
against "terrorism" we now suffer what we have struggled against. But the
truth of the matter is that our struggle, both as Jordanians and
international citizens, has not been conducted wisely or comprehensively.
The governments of the world, the United Nations and societies everywhere
have relied more on their eyes and ears rather than on their hearts and
minds in digesting the phenomenon of "terrorism." The media's dramatised
coverage that constantly bombards us has terrorised us more than the
terrorists themselves. Yes I am flooded with emotion as I hear news of these
atrocities, but the notion of fear will not advance us on the path to 'human
security.' Another politically fashionable word there; 'human security.' But
what does it really mean and how can we achieve it? Is it simply the
physical security of our bodies and organs within, or the broader security
of our psyches and soulsŠ?

Violence breeds violence, and likewise with fear. We as a world community
seem to be dealing with "terrorism" from a fear-based perspective that does
not always take into account the long-term moral and psychological damage it
is inflicting on us. Some of us are demoralised and depressed when we see
news of violent attacks on television. Another group of us become numb and
void of any emotion as a self-defence mechanism to keep out feelings of
sadness and frustration. And yet another group of us resolve to do something
about it all, but howŠ?

Many of the great spiritual traditions of the world remind us that true
peace comes from within ourselves. If we really study this very simple rule
of thumb of the ancient mystics we find it has all the solutions within it
to our postmodern dilemma of "terrorism." 'Human security' is not only a
United Nations phrase to be read or a CNN headline to be grasped. It is a
very real condition that we as societies of the world can build on in our
so-called fight against "terrorism." Our worst demons are within our minds
and it is there that we need to begin our reconstruction work. Our lack of
faith in the process of life, our mistrust of everyone around us, and our
racist tendencies that are based on the fear of the 'other' are all root
problems we need to urgently deal with. All of us. How can a peacemaker make
peace if he has unharmonious relations with his family, at work or with
friends? Peace is not an outer concept, but an inner feeling and perception
that extends outwardly to the world around us and not vice-versa. A flower
cannot blossom without a well-nourished seed. So perhaps we need to roll up
our sleeves and take a good look at the seeds of "terrorism" and fight it on
higher ground rather than stoop to its violent, fear-loaded level. Our eyes
and ears frequently trick us about the realities of our world. Since our
methods so far have failed us in combating "terrorism" and indeed have
exacerbated it, maybe it's time to take up a new direction. Perhaps
employing our hearts and minds to find strategies for sustainable human
security and peace that begin with ourselves first can offer a solution? And
why not? We can start off by calming our minds and taking action tranquilly,
and remembering that what took us human beings to the moon and back can
equally take us to peace and back!

         Compra o vende de manera diferente en www.egrupos.net