Asunto:[RedLuz] IIGL - The Danger Of Being Nigerian
Fecha:Domingo, 3 de Agosto, 2008  10:58:55 (-0500)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo <lacasadelared @.....com>

From: Michael Lightweaver <lightweave@aol.com>
Date: 03-ago-2008 7:34
Subject: IIGL - The Danger Of Being Nigerian
To: lacasadelared@gmail.com

Global Leadership News - www.global-leadership.com - August 2008

Guest Editorial

The Dangers of Being Nigerian
By Mabadeje Abiodun
www.mabadejeabiodun.vze.com

"No matter who you are, or where you may be, you can do something to change the world for the better." – Dr. Edmond L. Kramer

By divine arrangement I am a Nigerian and so will I remain. Nigeria, I must confess has brought me opportunities. I have found my PLACE – Passion; Love; Ability; Calling; and Energy in this land in spite of the myriad of difficulties and challenges we face as a nation and people. It is the general belief that in this country we do not have a reading culture. But in less than four years I have authored seven motivational books. I am living the life of my dream in Nigeria.  Some years back, what is today known as the comedy industry in Nigeria was only a figment of the imagination. In the same light, I find myself operating in an emerging industry in this country – Motivational Speaking. However, I have been able to cut a niche for myself in this 'oratorical' sphere of profession so much so that I have begun to share platforms with some of the 'big names' in the industry. Isn't it amazing that when you say to the world "This is who I am," the world steps back for a moment to watch you and when they see your seriousness they finally accept you and re-echo "This is who you are."

Click To Continue

In The News

Philosophers Notes
Philosophers Notes is a digest of 25 of the top personal empowerment books currently on the market.  For $167, subscribers can download a six page digest of each book along with a 20 minute MP3 audio.  After subscribing to this, I contacted the founder of the program, 34 year old Brian Johnson, who also founded Gaia, (www.gaia.com) an online community of more than 200,000 individuals committed to personal & planetary transformation.  I introduced Brian to IIGL and he promptly offered a free subscription to active IIGL students.  So far we have had more than a dozen students accept his generous offer.  This is just one of many offers that are being made to IIGL students as people learn about our program. You can learn more about Philosophers Notes
at www.philosophersnotes.com.

The Transformation Course
This is a free course that I recently learned about and shared with students and contributors via our IIGL message board.  This is available to anyone without charge, whether or not you are involved with IIGL.  Some of our students and contributors immediately launched into this and I have been getting some very good feedback. In the course, students learn about such things as:

*  Sacred Sexuality
*  Shifting Paradigms
*  Our Core Life Challenges
*  Principles of Transformation
*  Taking Responsibility for Our Lives
*  How Each of Us Makes a Difference
*  The Power of Intention and Purpose
*  The Infinite Potential Within Every One of Us

… plus many other interesting topics related to personal and planetary transformation. But be forewarned, this course will push your boundaries and force you to think outside of the box. You can learn more about the course by going to www.transformationteam.net.

IIGL Annual Contributors Meeting
IIGL's annual contributor's meeting was held at Mountain Light Sanctuary outside of Asheville, NC on July 6, 2008. Seventeen contributors attended. The meeting focused on the contributors getting to know one another, including why they choose to contribute to IIGL. In addition, a brief financial report was given, as well as an update on the Spanish Division obtaining the necessary status to receive their own donations and become independent. Rose Mbugua, an IIGL student from Kenya sent a knitted poncho that the contributors decided to raffle with the proceeds given to IIGL in Roses' name. Rose recently started her own business in knitting ponchos. $60 was collected and then donated to IIGL. Next, three new IIGL contributors discussed the possibility of starting a new division of IIGL in the USA focusing on distressed youth. There was a lot of positive discussion regarding the possibility. Finally, there was a brief discussion on the global picture. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30pm.

Meet Our New Students

We welcome two new students during the month of July. They are both young women; one from Botswana and the other from Uganda.

Thato Koogotsitse (Botswana)
I am 22 years old and currently a student at the university of Botswana doing bachelor of finance. My family includes my mother and sister who is 10 years old. it's a family of women. I'm actively involved in a number of organizations. Including theYouth Alliance for Leadership Development (YALDA) in which I'm serving as the assistant executive director in my country, and a local university organization called Finance society started by finance students with the intention of opening opportunities for finance students in the corporate world, building relationships with the work environment and I'm currently serving as the treasurer for this particular organization. I am an intern with Grant Thornton, one of the top international auditing & accounting firms, to get an idea on how the corporate world operates & to prepare myself for after I graduate. I am also a member of Junior Achievement Botswana an organization to help young entrepreneurs to develop their skills for future success. My all time favorite movie is in pursuit of happiness starring Will Smith and his son, its one movie that I can't get enough of because I believe it reflects most of the values important in our lives which are love, family especially looking at the situation in Botswana where it is very rare to find a man raising a child alone but a common thing to find a woman raising children by herself and most importantly perseverance it was important for me the first time I watched it at a time when I was so close to giving up a lot of things because I was facing a lot of challenges and didn't seem like I was getting any closer to the light at the end of the tunnel and it gave me the hope that if I keep going I 'will succeed.

Noline Kirabo Mulongo (Uganda)

I am a 25 year old Ungandan. My husband, George, works with Barclays Bank in Uganda.  We don't have children yet but hope to in the future. I work with an NGO in my country called "Empower Children and Communities against Abuse."  I am a psychosocial program officer.I have a deep passion for leadership and public speaking  is one of my strengths.. I have volunteered in church as a youth leader in the past and my passion was helping other youth live a purposeful life. I also have a desire to organise women into groups where we can sharpen one another and to better each other. I belive in people living to their full potential. I belive this kind of training is timely for and very relevant.

What Students Are Saying

Noeline Kirabo Mulongo (Uganda)

The ideas in this book (As A Man Thinketh) are going to help me so much in mentoring and nurturing other people. I am going to share the knowledge I acquire so that many people are going to be blessed, happy, live and plan better lives through positive thinking. I am very excited about this course because it is already making tremendous differences in my life. I am already sharing this particular book with those around me and challenging them to act upon it not simply read it. Its just a matter of time and our dreams will be realities.

As a child counselor and facilitator, I intend to pass on this knowledge to these young people that I work with and in so doing lay a firm foundation in these leaders of tomorrow. If children can master the art of positive thinking at a tender or teenage age then they are bound to become great men and women of influence in future. This is exactly what the world needs. When many of our young poeple are wasting lots of time sitting before television and listening to music, I have purposed to nurture those in my care to be responsible citizens and it starts now! Instill in them a reading culture, challenge their minds to think critically and creatively. This knowledge is a key for me to challenge these young peopl and to provoke them to aim for the highest mark in all that they set their hearts to do. As a women's group facilitator, I intend to share this information with the groups that I facilitate. Women many times look down on themselves and choose to aim for the lowest mark in life but as they change their thought patterns, they will discover great and amaizing potentials in themselves.  This knowledge is one of the tools that am going to equip them with. The book has been so timely for me because I have been looking for some answers and it has unlocked with a deep well of revelation and inspiration. I am sure that my life is not going to remain the same, I have decided to make this book a must have in my hand bag because I need to remind myself from time to time. Thanks!

Students In Action

Many of our IIGL students are giving leadership to projects designed to serve their community or to various entrepreneurial endeavors.  Here are some examples:

Global Leadership Development Association
Pius Oluwatosin Reis
www.global-leadership.org

GLDA is an acronym for Global Leadership Development Association, a youth focused not-for-profit organization that seeks to empower youths between the ages of 18-30 years, and youth-led organizations in Africa, to activate and develop their leadership abilities, and maximize their potentials. GLDA builds future African leaders through effective leadership programmes that empower and inspire change.  Our leadership programmes empower youths to become proactive and to make informed decisions in both personal and public lives.  You may contact me at payee2002ng@yahoo.com

En-route Success Unlimited™
Solomon O'chucks Nwokoro
www.enroutesuccessunlimited.blogspot.com

My mission is to deliver cutting edge information that will help you take your life from where it is now to where you would want it to be. En-route Success Unlimited™ is an organization designed to motivate and inspire people to maximize their God given potentials. We execute our mission by sending e-motivational news letters to over 500 subscribers globally, and also through seminars and training sessions in churches, schools, sport clubs and cooperate organizations. We believe that everybody has the potentials of becoming a genius so we help people discover their greatest potentials through counseling, training and coaching sessions. Our concept and mission statement is anchored in the belief that "Success is Unlimited™" and that forms the basis of our philosophy.  My book: PRINCIPLES OF UNLIMITED SUCCESS. Is currently vailable at 13 locations throughout Nigeria. You can contact me at solomonn@crinigeria.com

Unlimited Internet Wealth
Founded by Kenneth Omeruo
www.netbizsolutionsng.com

My name is Kenneth Omeruo. I'm an Internet marketing consultant and columnist. I have written several articles printed and published both online and offline and own one of the largest online forums on GSM issues here in Nigeria. My forum boasts of an audience of over 15,000 people. These subscribers joined my websites because they need more information on phones, connectivity and the Internet. Having my own forum has helped me to realize that money can truly be made legitimately from the Internet. It has proven true for me and for thousands of millionaires who have gained financial freedom via the Internet. Many people believe that anything that promises money making online is a scam. There are scams, yes. But there are also many legitimate businesses. The Internet is an economy of its own and offers an inexhaustible supply of information on different areas of human endeavour. Money making, romance, lifestyle, religion, politics, fraud, and an endless array of topics, issues, subjects, and niches. I have recently published an e-book entitled Creating Unlimited Internet Wealth which is available at my website.  You can contact me directly at  kenneth@gsmusersforum.com
.

What Students Are Reading

Developing The Leaders Around You: How to Help Other Reach Their Full Potential
By John C. Maxwell

Few of us are natural-born leaders, according to John C. Maxwell, author of Developing the Leader Within You. Fortunately though, "the traits that are the raw material of leadership can be acquired," he promises. "Link them up with desire and nothing can keep you from becoming a leader. This book will supply the leadership principles. You must supply the desire." True to his words, Maxwell offers a detailed and inspiring primer on becoming a leader. Maxwell debunks the myth that strong leaders must have big egos and spend all their time harnessing personal power. Instead, he elevates leadership to a spiritual act of service: "The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership."

(This is one of more than 400 books our students have to choose from in their studies for Level Four Through Six).

What Donors Are Saying

Lily Ann (USA/NC)
It is my belief that supporting IIGL is the greatest investment that anyone can make. Contributing financially provides books to students and young adults that they might otherwise never have the opportunity to read. These books provide the readers with insight into principle centered leadership, prosperity and abundance consciousness, unlimited potentials, self help tools, self realization, social entrepreneurship and so much more. The second blessing of the investment in IIGL is to become a mentor to one or more students. This is truly a life changing experience, both for the student and for the mentor. It is thrilling to read the students assessments of the books they have read and of the insights and knowledge that they have gleaned from this vast wealth of information, not to mention the profound insights and experiences that they move through. It is informative and eye opening to learn about the student's country, their belief systems, diet, culture, and educational opportunities.

You Make It Possible

A Special Thanks

We extend a special thanks to the following 32 individuals and/or organizations which contributed to IIGL during June. Your ongoing support makes this work possible.

Deb Silver (Israel)
Gillian Kean (UK)
Edmee DiPauli (UK)
Julian Murphy  (UK)
Lale Eterm (Turkey)
Rose Mbugua (Kenya)
Mark Mazadu (Nigeria)
Afere Lawrence (Nigeria)
Pius Oluwatosin Reis (Nigeria)

Lily Ann (USA/NC)
Deb Rosen (USA/WI)
Helen Baker (USA/SC)
Judith Royer (USA/SD)
Margie Tice (USA/NC)
Janis Thayer (USA/NC)
Andras Nevai (USA/AZ)
Corine Wilson (USA/FL)
Hope Gorman (USA/MN)
Naomi Stauber (USA/CA)
Lynne Murguia (USA/AZ)
Jesse Syverson (USA/WA)
Randa El Sharif (USA/WI)
Anneliese Weiss (USA/FL)
Julie Loosbrock (USA/WI)
Anderson Hewitt (USA/GA)
Gregory Burazer (USA/NC)
Kathleen Oweegon (USA/NM)
Rommy Banaszczyk (USA/AZ)
Michael Lightweaver  (USA/NC)
Wanda Gail Campbell (USA/AL)
Janae & Barry Weinhold (USA/NC)

Make A Difference In The World!

You can make a lasting difference now my investing in the future of young heart-centered leaders throughout the world who will soon be making critical decisions that will determine the future of humanity and the planet. How? By becoming an active partner in this work with your financial contribution. We are supported by people like you: individuals who believe that it's more important to light a candle, however small, than to curse the darkness. We welcome contributions in any amount, however small, because this isn't just about money. It's also about energy and connection.

Checks on US banks, payable to the International Institute For Global Leadership, can be mailed to PO Box 18909, Asheville, NC. 28814, USA. Contributions may also be made by credit card by clicking the link below. Contributions are tax deductible under the 501 (c) 3 tax code of the United States Internal Revenue Service.

To contribute by credit card, click here.

Our Mission

The International Institute For Global Leadership is a tuition-free, internet based education program which provides a curriculum in consciousness designed to prepare students to become personally empowered, consciously aware, high-integrity and heart-centered leaders in their communities and the world. The study program is open to participants of any age and from anywhere in the world.

Student Progress

We had 23 students from 15 countries complete a total of 36 books in July. These students were from Botswana, Brazil, Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, Ecuador, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Uganda, USA, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.

Click here for details

Congratulations!

The following students completed one level of study during July

Francis Abayomi
Nigeria
Completed Level One

Kishor Bajracharya
Nepal
Completed Level Five

Felix Iziomoh
Nigeria
Completed Level Five

Olita Talent Nyathi
South Africa
Completed Level Two

Statistical Update

New Enrollments
3 Enrolled in July
40 Erolled in 2008

Book Assessments
36 in July
236 in 2008

Books Shipped
35 in July
396 to date

Cost of books
$898.36 in July
$7,191.27 in 2008

Links:
Philosophy
Leadership
IIGL Students
Student Websites
Testimonials
Curriculum
Board Of Directors
Mentorship Program
French Website
Spanish Website
Global Resources
Student Financial Aid
Online Uninversities
Youth Activists Links
International Institute For Global Leadership • PO Box 18909 • Asheville • NC • 28814

--
CASADELARED.COM
haz-lo-tuyo!
puntosverdes.blogspot.com