Asunto:[RedLuz] IIGL - God Bless Stress
Fecha:Jueves, 4 de Septiembre, 2008  20:08:06 (-0500)
Autor:Ricardo Ocampo <lacasadelared @.....com>

From: Michael Lightweaver <lightweave@aol.com>
Date: 02-sep-2008 10:14
Subject: IIGL - God Bless Stress
To: lacasadelared@gmail.com

Global Leadership News - www.global-leadership.com - September 2008

Guest Editorial

God Bless Stress
By Linquist Asiebela (Kenya)

Following the challenge that I recently received from reading the evocative and transformative book, True Prosperity, my life has dramatically changed. Stress has been and is a major cause of illness and deaths in the lives of many people. Whenever anyone is disgruntled, the first words to come out of his lips are: I am stressed.  Probably you are asking, why bless stress? But, wait a minute, what is stress? Does stress really exist? Obviously, one may be quick to point out some factors like the pressure to meet deadlines, the fear of losing clients, the boss who is always keeping you on your toes, the game that you lost and whatnot, as some of the things that cause stress. I've also been of the same attitude for so long, seeing stress in every challenge and adversity. However, this book has completely changed my perspective and I no longer see stress as people have learned to define it. If there is no challenge, opponent or tress to overcome, there can never be fulfillment. Without an opponent, there is no challenge, no purpose, no fun and there is no opportunity to gain that sense of fulfillment which comes with overcoming obstacles.

Click To Continue

Meet Our New Students

We are very pleased to welcome two new students during the month of August, one from The Central African Republic and one from Nigeria.

Boby Olivier Claude (Central African Republic)
My name is Mr. Olivier Claude BOBY, born on April 14, 1982 in Bangui (Central African Republic). I hold a BADGE (Assessment of Aptitude Delivered by Universities) in associative management, Journalist - reporter with the cultural magazine "KILIMANDJARO", Writer and President of the Council of Governorship of the NGO "Fondation Jeunes Horizon".  My community engagement enabled me to understand that is to each individual to model the world which he wants by his engagement. If one wants a world of peace, he has to start working now as peacemaker.

Aminata TRAORE said that if one does not form part of the solutions one belongs to the problems; it is in this logic that I harness myself to contribute to the improvement of the living condition of Africans by my actions and my engagement, not only to propose solutions but to be also a solution for a reliable world.

Impassioned for writing and literature since my childhood, I wrote a book entitled France my " Eldorado" published by the publisher " Le Manuscrit", I also read works of CORNEILLE, MOLIERE, MAUPASSANT, Victor HUGO, Sembène OUSMANE, and of HAMADOU HAMPATE BÂ and AMINATA TRAORE in which I draw my inspiration. In addition to my passion for the literature, I also engaged very early in the community movements what enabled me to take part in several conferences, meetings and to seminars as participant or speaker.

Rev. Louis Iheanyichukwu Obiakor (Nigeria)

I am Rev. Louis Iheanyichukwu Obiakor, a Nigerian of Igbo heritage. I am married with five children: a 23 years old girl and four boys, 21, 18, 11 and 7 years respectively. I hold a diploma in Mass Communication from the Institute of Journalism and Television, London, U.K. I am a member of the Practitioners Circle of the International Emissaries Attunement Guild with its international headquarters in Loveland CO, USA. Through the Emissaries, I had a series of spiritual leadership trainings which assisted me to begin to lift up my eyes to whatever extent.

I started from my youth to be hungry and thirst after spiritual life and this hunger and thirst became a spur that led me to identifying with three different Christian organizations at different times prior to meeting the Emissaries. Out of curiosity, I was drawn to the teaching of a group which teaching to me conveyed very much the practical aspect of spirituality and it is devoid of dos and donts. I was also privileged to attend further spiritual trainings in England and Wales under the auspices of this group. I coordinated the activities of the group in Nigeria from 1977 until Dec. 2006.

Through my various spiritual trainings which caused me to briefly live in Ghana, England, four states in USA and Wales. I was a member of the Anthony Wade International Consultancy Register in London having taken a Wade Business Course. Perhaps its' necessary to indicate here that I have worked most of my life as an administrator and this accorded me with the opportunity to relate and interact with many different people.

I have an incredible interest in reading, writing and traveling. I have traveled the major cities in Nigeria and overseas. I have read a number of spiritual books including Being Where You Are, On Eagles Wings, all by Bishop Martin Exeter, Emmanuel Velikovsky – Worlds In Collison, Losbang Rampa's, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, Your Erroneous Zones. I was a brief time student of Yoga. The Christian bible is more or less my daily companion as Minister of the word

What Our Students Are Saying

Cesar Salvater, Jr. (Brazil)
Today I have the conviction that I can attain all of my goals after reading the book, The New Dynamics Of Winning. I has shown me, with true examples of athletes and successful people, that the results I want are possible with a change in some of my behaviours and the adoption of others.  One of my first decisions, after reading this book, was to distance myself from negative Immediately after this my optimism increased dramatically and I noticed that little changes started to occur. I became more calm as negative worries began to dissolve like magic. I had wasted a great deal of my life thinking that I was a person who doesn't deserve the things I wanted in life. I thank God for this book and how it has changed my life. Another characteristic that I increase with the help of this book was my self-esteem. Now I am more confident in all of my undertakings. Every morning when I wake up I thank God for another day, for my health and for my dreams, because inside me I believe I deserve all those gifts God gives to me. The best part of my "new" life is to share the teaching of the book with everyone I know. Seeing my life change for better is marvelous, but see other's life change is so much better. I feel pride when I remember all the people I help to become optimistic and full of dreams with a certainty of achieving them.

What Students Are Reading

Educating For Human Greatness
By Lynn Stoddard
Lynn Stoddard is a veteran of teaching and parenting. While shepherding his own large flock of twelve children through the public schools of Utah, he was employed for 36 years as an elementary teacher and principal. He now writes and lectures on the urgent need to design a new system of public education based on ancient wisdom and modern research. In this wise and perceptive book, he surveys the current state of public education in America and concludes that things have gone terribly wrong. His solution is to have parents and educators start by realizing that standardization in education is neither possible or effective. Only then can they focus on creating schools that truly educate for human greatness. To create such schools Stoddard proposes that parents, teachers, administrators and school board members keep six cardinal principles constantly in mind:
* Value Positive Human Diversity and Cherish Every Student's Uniqueness
* Draw Out and Develop Each Child's Latent Talents
* Respect the Autonomy of the Individual by Restoring Freedom and Responsibility
* Invite Inquiry, Curiosity, and Hunger for Knowledge in the Classroom
* Support Professionalism as Teachers Live by these Principles
* Parents and Teachers Unite to Help Children Grow in Human Greatness

Educating for Human Greatness deserves an honored place on the reading list of every parent who really cares about the future of their children, every teacher and administrator who puts students first in their professional lives, and every school board member who wants schools to be places where student development is a reality, not just a slogan.

Students In Action

From L-R Mr. Kelvin (Liberian and Teacher with Oru Refugee Primary School), Miss Osoneye, Ibiyinka Alao (Special Advisor on Africa to World Culture Open (WCO), Susan Awosoga (Volunteer With Respect Nigeria), Francis Abayomi (Country Coordinator Respect Nigeria).

Many of our students are involved in various forms of service in the local communities. In this issue we feature the work of Francis Abayomi, one of our 2nd level students from Nigeria.

Refugee Education Sponsorship Program

Here in Nigeria, once a student has finished college, he is require to perform a year of volunteer national service. I was recently assigned to work with "R.E.S.P.E.C.T"  (Refugee Education Sponsorship Program) as the coordinator.  Respect Nigeria is a part of 'Respect International' (see web link below) and this is the first RESPECT program in Nigeria.

RESPECT Nigeria, a Non-Governmental Organization, is committed to exposing refugee students living in Nigeria to the outside world via the exchange of letters and other projects.

We see the world as a global village of empowered refugee and North American students without social and technological divides. We work to instill the values of respect, integrity, compassion, accountability, commitment, innovation, diversity, creativity, andhonesty in our students. We emphasize the importance of people connecting, sharing ideas, having fun, working together - to learn self-expression, diverse perspectives, and cross-cultural understanding.

Some of our activities include helping to break the isolation that refugees often feel by connecting them with pen pals in the UK, Canada and the USA. And of course to educate those in the developed world – first hand – about the life of a refugee.  We have also been receiving contributions of books for distribution to the refugees.  Recently we received a large box of books from the Malibu, Ca. public library.

The camp we have been working in most recently has 3,000 residents, most of whom are from Liberia, Seirra Leone, Cote d' voire, Chad, Niger, Somalia & Sudan

As a student with IILG for the past four years, I have found my studies to be very valuable in helping refugees deal with their plight.

(You may contact Francis at francisabayomi@yahoo.com)

Student Project Proposals

IIGL Students are actively working to transform, not only their own lives, but their commuaties, nations and the world.  In an effort to support their endeavors, we encouraged active students with a special interest in service to submit project proposals designed to improve their communities. Although we do not have the resources to fund these projects directly, we are able to give them exposure through our newsletter so that potential funders may learn about them.  We are also happy to work with funders in helping to match resources and needs so that funding is prudently directed to projects developed by IIGL students who have proven their reliability, integrity, dedication and who we believe will provide excellent accountability in terms of expenditures and results.

Young Women's Education – Togo, West Africa
The project for the education of young women was developed by Davui Kosi Sepenou from Lome, Togo.  Davui has been an IIGL student for three years and is currently working on Level four studies.  He is founder of the  'Association pour la Promotion de la Justice sociale' (APJS) – The Society For The Promotion Of Social Justice.  APJS has found that illiteracy and the lack of education for young women in rural Togo is one of the primary reasons for explotation & discrimination.  Too often parents still believe that the only role a young woman can play is to marry, take care of her husband and raise children, and that education is therefore not necessary.

This project is not about building schools.  It is about working in rural areas to educate parents and families about the importance of educating young women so that the families become solid support systems – rather than obstacles – to young women who want to go to school.  The project goals include

•    Educating 600 rural families on the importance of educating their daughters
•    Enrolling 400 young women in school
•    Providing scholarships for at least 200 young women for primary & secondary education
•    Mentoring at least 150 young women toward success in acquiring their diploma

This is designed as a three year project at a cost of $50,000 per year, or approximately $125 per student for a primary and secondary education.

For more questions, more information or contact details for Davui, contact Michael at lightweave@aol.com

What Donors Are Saying

Anneliese B. Weiss, teacher (USA/FL)
I have long looked for a meaningful way to contribute to society. Becoming a teacher at age 50 was a beginning. My vision, however, goes beyond the local confines. I hope with all my heart for a global community of people living in peace. This is possible by empowering future leaders all over the world. IIGL is promoting just that. I am proud to be part of this global movement."

You Make It Possible

A Special Thanks

We extend a special thanks to the following 25 individuals and/or organizations from six countries who contributed to IIGL during August. Their ongoing support makes this work possible.

Deb Silver (Israel)
Gillian Kean (UK)
Edmee DiPauli (UK)
Julian Murphy  (UK)
Lale Eterm (Turkey)
Rinia Stambolinova (Bulgaria)
Rashmi Singh  (Philippines)

Lily Ann (USA/NC)
Deb Rosen (USA/WI)
Judith Royer (USA/SD)
Margie Tice (USA/NC)
Janis Thayer (USA/NC)
Corine Wilson (USA/FL)
Hope Gorman (USA/MN)
Naomi Stauber (USA/CA)
Lynne Murguia (USA/AZ)
Jesse Syverson (USA/WA)
Randa El Sharif (USA/WI)
Anneliese Weiss (USA/FL)
Julie Loosbrock (USA/WI)
Anderson Hewitt (USA/GA)
Rommy Banaszczyk (USA/AZ)
Michael Lightweaver  (USA/NC)
Wanda Gail Campbell (USA/AL)
Janae & Barry Weinhold (USA/NC)

Make A Difference!

You can make a lasting difference now my investing in the future of young heart-centered leaders throughout the world who will soon be making critical decisions that will determine the future of humanity and the planet. How? By becoming an active partner in this work with your financial contribution. We are supported by people like you: individuals who believe that it's more important to light a candle, however small, than to curse the darkness. We welcome contributions in any amount, however small, because this isn't just about money. It's also about energy and connection.

Checks on US banks, payable to the International Institute For Global Leadership, can be mailed to PO Box 18909, Asheville, NC. 28814, USA. Contributions may also be made by credit card by clicking the link below. Contributions are tax deductible under the 501 (c) 3 tax code of the United States Internal Revenue Service.

To contribute by credit card, click here.

Our Mission

The International Institute For Global Leadership is a tuition-free, internet based education program which provides a curriculum in consciousness designed to prepare students to become personally empowered, consciously aware, high-integrity and heart-centered leaders in their communities and the world. The study program is open to participants of any age and from anywhere in the world.

Student Progress

We had 19 students from 12 countries complete a total of 30 books in August. These students were from  Cote d'Ivoire, Chile, Eithopia, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Peru,  Senegal, USA, Venezuela, Zimbabwe

Click here for details

Congratulations!

The following students completed one level of study during August

Linquist Asiebela
Kenya
Completed Level Six

Michael Lightweaver
USA
Completed Level Two

Statistical Update

New Enrollments
6 enrolled in August
46 enrolled in 2008

Book Assessments
30 in August
266 in 2008

Books Shipped
41 in August
437 in 2008

Cost of books
$754.36 in August
$7,945.63 in 2008

Links:
Philosophy
Leadership
IIGL Students
Student Websites
Testimonials
Curriculum
Board Of Directors
Mentorship Program
French Website
Spanish Website
Global Resources
Student Financial Aid
Online Uninversities
Youth Activists Links

International Institute For Global Leadership • PO Box 18909 • Asheville • NC • 28814

--
CASADELARED.COM
puntosverdes.blogspot.com
googlegroups.com/group/punto-verde
haz lo tuyo!
RED GLOBAL DE CONCIENCIA
elistas.net/lista/redanahuak
elistas.net/lista/redluz
RED MEXICANA DE CONCIENCIA
elistas.net/foro/meshiko
yahoogroups.com/group/redmexicanadeluz
CIVI - CIRCUITO VIRTUAL MORELENSE
googlegroups.com/group/red-cuauhnahuak
googlegroups.com/group/recicladoresenred
googlegroups.com/group/adoptatubarranca
googlegroups.com/group/colonosatzingo
googlegroups.com/group/tianguistierra
googlegroups.com/group/cultura-alternativa-en-cuernavaca
TODOS LOS RECURSOS
www.casadelared.com
---
El acontecimiento espiritual del año!