Asunto:[RedLuz] Download your Earth Day toolkit
Fecha:Jueves, 5 de Abril, 2012  19:12:37 (-0500)
Autor:REDLUZ <lacasadelared @.....com>

From: Earth Day Network <edn@mail.democracyinaction.org>
Date: 2012/4/5
Subject: Download your Earth Day toolkit
To: luxweb-owner@yahoogroups.com

Your donations help power the movement.

Earth Day E-Store

Get your Mobilize The Earth™- T- shirt today!

Earth Day on the National Mall

The centerpiece of Earth Day in the U.S. will be a rally in Washington, D.C. Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country will be joined by civic leaders and celebrities for this special event to galvanize the environmental movement. Join us!

About Earth Day Network

Earth Day Network mobilizes over one billion people in 192 countries through year-round advocacy, education, public policy and consumer campaigns to protect the environment.

www.earthday.org

Dear Ricardo,

It’s now April, and Earth Day is just around the corner! Here at Earth Day Network, organizers continue to work around the clock with partners all over the world to Mobilize the Earth™ on April 22nd.

To make Earth Day 2012 a success – to continue to support the work of environmental organizers in your communities and all over the world – we need your help. Please take a moment to donate today.

We’re also going to need all hands on deck. Go to EarthDay.org/2012 and join the movement. Then, share this video with your friends.

In This Issue:
More Earth Day 2012 Resources Now Available
Countdown to A Billion Acts of Green
International Earth Day Mobilization Ramping Up
MobilizeU Student Competition Underway

More Earth Day 2012 Resources Now Available:
The Earth Day 2012 website has gotten a facelift and now contains many more resources for Earth Day event organizers and anyone who wants to help Mobilize the Earth on April 22nd. From banners and stickers to social media tools and press releases, you’ll find what you need on this beefed-up, redesigned site.

Countdown to A Billion Acts of Green:
Earth Day Network’s A Billion Acts of Green®, the world’s largest environmental service campaign, has almost reached its goal of one billion environmental actions!

We’re hoping to countdown to the billionth act at our flagship Earth Day event on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Between the hundreds of thousands of people in attendance, the global Web stream of the event, and extensive international news coverage, the world will be watching. Help us reach A Billion Acts of Green to show world leaders that we want environmental issues to become a top priority.

Pledge your act of green now and send us a picture of it for a chance to be featured on the big screen at Earth Day’s flagship event! In the email, make sure to tell us your name and where you’re from – and don’t forget to hold up a sign that says “Earth Day 2012: Mobilize the Earth” in the picture!

International Earth Day Mobilization Ramping Up:
The Earth Day 2012 mobilization is already underway. Check out a few of the international highlights from the past week:

  • Dehradun, India -Earth Day Network partner Sanctuary Asia is mobilizing for Earth Day, and they’ve already held an Earth Day rally in Dehradun. Over 1,000 people came out to march in the streets to call attention to environmental issues. Students performed street skits on the importance of protecting the environment. And children collected signatures for a petition to protect tiger forests throughout India; they will deliver the petition to the Chief Minister of the State on Earth Day.
  • Rome, Italy – Rome is mobilizing for Earth Day 2012 through a massive day-long festival in the Villa Borghese. Earth Day Network partner Earth Day Italia is organizing the event – which will feature musical performances and fashion shows – to draw attention to environmental problems in Italy and around the world, raise money to support ecological preservation initiatives, and promote a green lifestyle. This Mobilize the Earth-themed event is expected to draw more than 30,000 participants.
  • Irbid, Jordan – Earth Day Network partner Students for Green is mobilizing in Irbid, Jordan, by hosting numerous environmental activities as part of A Billion Act of Green®. They’re organizing community clean-ups, distributing recycling bins to universities, and holding a cell phone recycling event. In addition to a coordinated social media campaign to promote the events, Students for Green have written a series of opinion pieces and lined up several interviews with local newspapers, and members of the group will host a show on local television to talk about Earth Day.
  • Zimbabwe – Earth Day Network partner iGreen Africa is mobilizing by hosting a series of Earth Day events throughout Zimbabwe to inspire commitments for A Billion Acts of Green. These events include clean-up campaigns in the capital city of Harare, faith-based awareness seminars, and even an Earth Day concert called “Green Alive,” happening on April 22nd.
  • Tonga – The island nation of Tonga is mobilizing for Earth Day 2012. The Ocean of Light International Schools there will be hosting Earth Day events featuring environmentally-themed lessons, community service projects and even an expected visit from a member of Tonga's Ministry of Environment.

YOU can start an Earth Day event or join one nearby! Or, if you can, get to the flagship Earth Day event on the National Mall in Washington D.C. Together, we’ll Mobilize the Earth.

MobilizeU Student Competition Underway:
The MobilizeU Month of campus environmental activism is underway! After months of planning with students around the world, the competition has finally started, and we have more schools than we ever expected. Since just last week when we announced our 100th school, we’ve more than doubled that number and are now working with over 260 universities from 6 continents, 44 countries, and 36 U.S. states. To top it off, MobilizeU campaign coordinator, Carra Cheslin, was interviewed for a feature article in Washington Life Magazine. At the end of this week, we'll receive reports from all participating universities about their first week of generating acts of green for Earth Day 2012. Stay tuned to EarthDay.org/MobilizeU.

If you support this work and Earth Day Network’s year-round green schools, tree planting, community education, green economy, and other programs, please donate today.

- The Earth Day Network Team